RC-300 Transpose effect

Started by calb1234, May 08, 2017, 08:44:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

calb1234

Hi all, new here and looking forward to trawling through the posts to learn everything I can about my recent purchase of a boss RC-300.

I previously owned an RC-50 and loved it, but I got a good deal on the 300 and couldn't refuse the upgrade.

I have searched for an answer to this question both here and in various other places and can't seem to see if anyone has outlined it, and if they have, I didn't understand what they were saying!

So....

I was looking at getting a boss OC3 super-octave pedal, so that I can play a bass loop through my 6-string guitar.... I've seen people use these effectively with the RC300 and it works really well.
I was just about to buy one, UNTIL - I noticed the "transpose" effect on the RC300.
So, with the effect engaged, i can change the octave of the notes going in - with what looks like pretty powerful control over the sound (half a step, full step etc.).

The problem is - if I play a bassline with the "transpose" effect engaged and loop it, it sounds great - just what I'm looking for - however, as soon as I disengage the transpose effect to add other overdubs like percussion, vocals, guitar etc - the loop I just recorded becomes un-transposed.

Is there a way to have the transpose effect remain on the track as it wen in, even when the effect is then disengaged?

I hope that's clear and understandable,
Thanks in advance.
Cal.

chrish

It sounds like the effect is not being recorded into your Loop. Go to page 28 of the manual where it shows how to assign effects to the input so the loop FX will be recorded while you record the loop.

calb1234

Excellent I'll look into it! Thanks dude :)

calb1234

I was just lurking around some older posts and saw this topic and thought "Hey I had that problem and a guy on here fixed it for me!".
Turned out that this thread is where I detailed my problem and Chrish fixed it for me!
Just marking this as a correct answer and thanks again :)