GT 100 PATCHES CONVERTED TO GT 10

Started by Newtron, May 02, 2017, 11:20:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newtron

GT 100 PATCHES CONVERTED TO GT 10
HERE ARE SOME MORE.
SOME CONVERT LIKE A CHARM.
OTHERS MAY HAVE NEW STOMP BOXES THAT THE GT 10 DOES NOT HAVE .
LIKE TARA ECHO.
SO SOME CANT BE DONE !

ehmierre

teleJ

osaewusu

Thanks going to try and give a feedback

aliensporebomb

I would imagine the GP-10 also might be able to take advantage of some of the same patches but some of these will require the method used by those converting VG-99 patches to the GR-55 and vice versa:  Get an editor for the GT100 and make a note of every settiing for a given patch and manually select each and every setting for that patch in the editor for the device you are porting the patch to.

It's not always an exact match. 

Here's a VG-99 patch I ported to the GP-10:

VG-99 patch:

GP-10 patch:

There's more vibrato and fluctuation in the VG-99 version because there's simply more CPU in the 99 to add the vibrato effect used but the patches are pretty similar and the GP-10 is 6 years newer and sounds more hi-fi (and the 99 patch was recorded via analog cables to the audio recorder so the quality isn't as good as the other version).

That being said, getting a rock and roll or bluesy Stevie Ray Vaughan type sound on any of these things should be relatively easy.  The ones the OP talked about where the Tera Echo doesn't exist - well you can probably get a similar echo that would make it similar but not completely the same.
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.