Katana- Spring Reverb Tweak

Started by RosewellTech, April 20, 2017, 08:30:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RosewellTech

Hello, I'm wondering if anyone has any advice when it comes to tweaking the Boss spring reverb algorithm. I used to have a Fender Hot Rod Deville 212 and I really liked the sound I could get out of the spring reverb. The sound was a warm soothing ambient wash and it was almost like something was alive in that tank (if that makes any sense to anyone). I'm not sure if this was a combination of the drive and more drive button along with the reverb, or what. I'm having trouble replicating that tone though. I liked it so much I'm thinking about picking up a Hot Rod Deluxe III. Really, I'd like to see if I can get close with the Katana head. What's with the spring sensitivity parameter? I don't remember the Hod Rod's spring reverb making the noise that I hear when I turn up that parameter?

Elantric

Must use Boss Tone Studio for Katana and adjust the Katana Reverb to YOUR  taste and the save over the existing CH1-Ch4 presets

vtgearhead

Quote from: Elantric on September 27, 2017, 05:21:24 PM
Must use Boss Tone Studio for Katana and adjust the Katana Reverb to YOUR  taste and the save over the existing CH1-Ch4 presets

I've found it's best not to touch the panel control after recalling a preset with tweaked settings.  As soon as the amp detects a panel change several deep parameters jump back into a preset linkage with each other.  The results may not be what's expected.  Reverb is more forgiving of this than compressor or chorus.