RC-300 in comparison to EHX 2880?

Started by tms13pin, March 20, 2017, 07:59:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tms13pin

Has anyone used both of these?  I've got a 2880 and I don't like the fact that the foot controller is separate from the main unit, except that I can put the controller on the floor and the control unit on a table when messing around at home, so that's nice, but as a gigging tool, it'd be nice to have it all in one unit.  I'm just interested in personal opinions of each....maybe the 2880 is more comparable to the RC-50?

Thanks!

--Tom

Threeleggedyoyo

Hi Tom,

I'm afraid I haven't used it much, but this thread compares the RC-300 to an EHX. It's a different model, but I believe it's similar to the 2880. They look very alike.

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=11005.0

The RC-300 is very much designed as a foot control unit, but as you've noticed, it also does just fine on a table and in many ways is more feature-rich that way (it can be done, but it's a little difficult to change the volume faders with your toes!).

If you really want the best of the RC-on-the-table experience, you want an RC-505 or the smaller 202. On paper it's more powerful than the 300, but it's clumsy if you need very much foot control (even with pedal extensions).

An RC-50 is basically an older version of the RC-300. It's pretty good too, but in most ways the 300 is better. There are a few minor advantages over the 300, but not many. If you want that write-up, go here: https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=7269.0

Basically, the breakdown is something like this...

Independent foot control:
-- RC-300, or RC-50 (older model).
-- Boomerang series

Table-top control (plus some footswitch help if needed)
-- RC-505 or 202
-- EHX series
-- RC-300 is designed as a foot controller, but can be used quite well this way too

There's lots of other units as well but I think those are the most popular ones in these parts. Hopefully that gives you some ideas.