GT-100 Output Selector (solved)

Started by madkingdom, March 02, 2017, 08:33:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madkingdom

HI guys!
I'm trying to understand why my output selector does not make any changes to my sound.  i.e: When I'm on my PC, i select Line-Phones, and when connected to my amp head i go for Stack return, the thing is, if i rotate the output option there are no changes in my sound, is still the same no matter where i am connected. PC line-phones, change to ie: stack or combo, and the sound is the same, as when in my amp head, changing output selection and nothing happens. IS there something wrong with my pedal? or am i missing something? Thanks!

gumtown

If anything is plugged into the Headphones socket, the GT-100 is forced into "Line/Phones" mode, regardless of the output select setting.
The preamp cabinet sim must be enabled too.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

madkingdom

Quote from: gumtown on March 02, 2017, 10:23:54 PM
If anything is plugged into the Headphones socket, the GT-100 is forced into "Line/Phones" mode, regardless of the output select setting.
The preamp cabinet sim must be enabled too.
Thanks for your time. And... no, nothing is connected to the Headphones socket. And about the preamp cabinet sim, do i need to enable it, even when i'm with my amp head connected? Because, i only use the GT100 with my amp just for MOD fx, maybe some compressor, but no cabinets or amps.
Maybe are we talking about different settings? If i'm right that paramter you're talking is in "preference/ and there are some settings to tweak : 1. Output select (patch or system) 2. Preamp (Patch, Sys 1 ,Sys2 and sys 3) 3. Accel ctl and Exp . How to manage those? and, let me tell you i've been tweaking these and nothing changes. SO is weird i think.
Any help will be much appreciated

madkingdom

Things getting more complicated, each time i try those settings. I managed "somehow" to change the "output" and notice differences in sound. But Only 2 times. for two patches.
System 1 and 2 were used, and anything i try new is not working. NOt even on patch. I dont know what is wrong here.  If i go to my patch  the output is : Stack return, but i move the knob and the sound does not changes. OK then i try my 2nd patch, same result, system 1 or 2  not working, same sound, got o output shows : Stack return, move the knob ie: Line or whatever...no change in sound... please guys help me!

gumtown

Output select differences will be dependant on preamp and speaker cabinet being enabled.

Also depending on how your GT-100 s setup, if using the S/R loop and an external preamp.

How have you got the GT-100 connected?
If you are using the GT-100 preamps, then you will want to bypass the preamp in your external amp, by plugging the GT-100 L/Mono output into the amp's FX return.

If you are using a guitar speaker cabinet, the differences heard in Output select type will be minimal. compared to using a full range power monitor or P.A /desk. 
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

madkingdom

Quote from: gumtown on March 15, 2017, 07:00:27 PM
Output select differences will be dependant on preamp and speaker cabinet being enabled.

Also depending on how your GT-100 s setup, if using the S/R loop and an external preamp.

How have you got the GT-100 connected?
If you are using the GT-100 preamps, then you will want to bypass the preamp in your external amp, by plugging the GT-100 L/Mono output into the amp's FX return.

If you are using a guitar speaker cabinet, the differences heard in Output select type will be minimal. compared to using a full range power monitor or P.A /desk.

Im using the 4CM, with a Marshall DSl 100h and a Randall Cabinet 4*10, im not using my GT-100 pre amps, i only use for Modulation FX like chorus, delays and reverbs. MY S/R is ON, and before it (in the chain) is nothing, only After, where my (delays, reverbds and som EQ's ) are.
Thanks for your time!

madkingdom

So, is there an answer for this issue?
Any clues guys?
PLease help! This is some irritating, confusing and weird.   
Last results :
*reset to factory system settings not helps
*system 1 2 3 and patch dont work.
*i dont have any preamps (ON) in the chain
*im using the 4cm
*not even using the GT-100 with my pc, the Output selector works.
*i've tried plug inn-out the Headphones (output).
*only twice managed to change sound, when system 1 and 2 were used with 2 of my patches, after that nothing happened.
*is there some tutorial for this? the manual is poor, and there are no clues on the internet about it.
*i know this settings only change (EQ for output) some more brighter, others more dark, but is frustrating not been able to chyange sound or settings and make things right
??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Elantric

Quote*i dont have any preamps (ON) in the chain

I believe that is your answer

With no COSM Preamps engaged , the Output Mode has no function

madkingdom

Quote from: Elantric on March 18, 2017, 10:39:06 AM

I believe that is your answer

With no COSM Preamps engaged , the Output Mode has no function

SO I'm using the 4cm and i still need the COSM preamps? the thing is, if i want my preamp sound (my marshall dsl 100) and use only FX for the boss GT-100, then what is for that Return Stack option output? DO i need to enable those preamps on the GT-100 ?  thanks

ok ok, im getting this, the output selector is just a Simulation isnt? so if im working with a real Pre amp, there's no use for those settings...am i right? So the final veredict could be, "do not mess with those settings, unless you want to sim a pre-amp". Hope this is waht im looking for, and some users too.

If you can calrify the whole idea, will be much aprreciated.

Keep on rockin' ¬m/

gumtown

Output Select is only active when using the GT-100 preamps, so if you don't use the preamps, output select options have no effect on your tone.
The Output select is only so the preamp used has the correct simulation properties for a selected output scenario.

System 1,2,3 are global preamps, so when you had system 1 & 2 selected, you forced the global GT-100 preamps into use, which also enabled the Output select.

Without the preamps, using the GT-100 for effects only (with or without 4CM) will produce a flat and un-coloured output, so an Output select option is of no use.

madkingdom

;) Thanks, tedious weeks have been! ;D

But now i am happy with the results... this is all about it. :o

Thanks again, hope more people could read this, and share thoughts!

Rock on ¬m/

shredderx

hi all .... im to this game late but, here is my issue ( similar to the original post )
I read somewhere that when you set the GT-100's output to anything other than "Line / Phones" , it disables the speaker/cabinet simulator... I dispute this comment.

I am running 4CM and using the amp modeling in the GT-100, Stack Return Output .... page 4 on the preamp section in Tone Studio is for speaker sim and they were active.... when i turned it off it was a drastic EQ change in the patch... i really want to use the Amp sims but, since I already have a cabinet in the rig, am I correct in assuming that i will have to turn off the speaker sim in every preamp I have in ALL of my patches ?

promotone

I still haven't fully mastered the GT100.  I have some good patches that work well at my Church (with a very nice, high end PA system).  Also, in headphones, it sounds fantastic.  But it is challenging to get this unit to play nice with combo amps in my opinion.  It can be done though. 

Things to remember :
LESS IS MORE and 2 Preamps in series almost always sounds terrible, so in your case, with the 4CM, you are using your amps wonderful preamp, then going to the GT, and if you have Preamp on in the chain IE clean twin, or 1959, etc, you are adding another pre amp.  no good!  The Cabs only work if the preamp in the GT chain is on...

Elantric

It works best feeding a powered PA cab

shredderx

PROMOTONE, I have been going thru the front of the amp but, on the clean channel... as clean and flat as I can... its been working well but when I realized that the cabinet sims were on as well, I turned it off and it was such a big difference I'm not sure how to proceed.... I will try a bunch of different things starting with using my amps 2 channels and then just using the board in manual mode as a typical stomp box setup .... I'll get it to where I am happy or..... get something else... thanks all !!!