GP-10- Guitar amp settings for GP10?

Started by imaginenewmedia, February 09, 2017, 09:09:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imaginenewmedia

I've had my GP10 for about 6 months and I love it in my studio, plugged in direct. However i cant get a decent sound out of my guitar amp. (Marshall 4010 JCM400, 50 w combo) Everything sounds like a nest of bees. I have to turn all the tone controls down to zero (except bass) and go into the low sensitivity input and turn down the gain control to minimize distortion and it still sounds like a buzzy tin can. I've tried changing the output settings in the GP 10 (amall amp, combo etc. ) It doesn't seem to help much. Any ideas from any gigging musicians out there?
Thx, Andy

Cups

If you are using the gp-10 for modelled amps then run it through the effects loop
Return. If you are using the Marshalls preamp sound then turn off the go-10 amp sims.

admin

Adjust GP-10  Output Mode to your taste

Must remove Headphones to hear the various 1/4" Output modes

Brak(E)man

swimming with a hole in my body

I play Country music too, I'm just not sure which country it's from...

"The only thing worse than a guitar is a guitarist!"
- Lydia Lunch

imaginenewmedia

Quote from: Cups on February 09, 2017, 09:17:31 AM
If you are using the gp-10 for modelled amps then run it through the effects loop
Return. If you are using the Marshalls preamp sound then turn off the go-10 amp sims.
Yeah thought about the effects loop, unfortunately no effects loop on this amp. Tried turning off the amp modelling. Much better Thanks! ( I wonder if theres a way to turn off amp modelling globally with a footswitch, that wouls save me modifying all my patches)

imaginenewmedia

Quote from: Brak(E)man on February 09, 2017, 10:14:25 AM
It sounds best in a PA
Yeah I was reluctant to do that as I cant hear myself in the mix, but I guess could use headphones on the GP10 (which switches the output to PA mode anyway) and monitor myself. I'll give it a shot. (i'll get those great stereo sounds too)  Thanks!

imaginenewmedia

Quote from: admsustainiac on February 09, 2017, 09:26:12 AM
Adjust GP-10  Output Mode to your taste

Must remove Headphones to hear the various 1/4" Output modes

Yeah i tried that, combo setting was best, but still not optimal. Will try thru PA as Brak(E)man suggested and monitor GP10 with headset. Thanks!

Brak(E)man

Quote from: imaginenewmedia on February 17, 2017, 06:56:33 AM
Yeah I was reluctant to do that as I cant hear myself in the mix, but I guess could use headphones on the GP10 (which switches the output to PA mode anyway) and monitor myself. I'll give it a shot. (i'll get those great stereo sounds too)  Thanks!

You can also use the headphone out and connect two powered monitors.
I use that from my Boss looper sometimes , works great.
swimming with a hole in my body

I play Country music too, I'm just not sure which country it's from...

"The only thing worse than a guitar is a guitarist!"
- Lydia Lunch