FTP - Software 1.4... soon

Started by Spider, November 11, 2016, 09:21:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FishmanSQA

Quote from: alfstone on December 16, 2016, 01:51:17 PM
Is the Tripleplay 1.4 software compatible with Sierra OS?

Alfredo

Hi Alfredo-

Yes, it is compatible.

Best,
Sara

FishmanSQA

Quote from: Spider on December 16, 2016, 12:00:42 PM
1. Whats about serial numer for ST 3? It will work with old S/N?
2. Still no support for Reaktor 6.
3. FTP presets didn't load in my full version of ST3. (I see TriplePlay Intruments sets but I get error message).

1. Can you please clarify, are you asking if your authorization for full ST3 will work? Yes it should.
2. We will have to look into this more.
3. What is the error message? Did you run the Sampletank 3 iso BEFORE installing TP 1.4? It is important to do it in this order. If you did not, please reinstall ST3 and then TP 1.4.
    Let us know if this works...

Best,
Sara

Spider

Quote from: FishmanSQA on December 16, 2016, 02:12:47 PM
3. What is the error message? Did you run the Sampletank 3 iso BEFORE installing TP 1.4? It is important to do it in this order. If you did not, please reinstall ST3 and then TP 1.4.
    Let us know if this works...

Best,
Sara

Like I wrote: I have instaled full version of ST3. FTP 1.4 see ST3 and presets but coudn't load samples.

FishmanSQA

I understand you have a full version of Sampletank 3.

However, if you did not run the ST3 iso we provided on our website, you would not have installed the samples. This would lead to this error message. If you already have ST3 installed, you can run the iso, Skip step one (which installs ST3 cs), but follow the remaining step to install the instruments and samples. THEN please reinstall TP 1.4.

Please follow these steps and let us know if you get the same error message.

Best,
Sara

HCarlH

Thank you, Sara, for the help.   :)
I also bought the full version of ST3 and I followed the instructions exactly as shown below and it works.
If I'm not mistaken, there are also a lot more presets added. Many sound wonderful and give me the majority of
sounds I need in my band. Bravo!

Quote from: FishmanSQA on December 16, 2016, 02:34:26 PM
However, if you did not run the ST3 iso we provided on our website, you would not have installed the samples. This would lead to this error message. If you already have ST3 installed, you can run the iso, Skip step one (which installs ST3 cs), but follow the remaining step to install the instruments and samples. THEN please reinstall TP 1.4.

I also found it useful (necessary?) to rescan for plugins after installing the new TP Beta.
Also make sure your Kontakt software is up to date as well.

I'm now able to get rid of the buggy JBridge software and run ST3 the way it is intended.
Thank you, Fishman.
GR-55 (or) Fishman TP + Kemper Profiling Rack -->> 
QSC K10 -->> FOH
Fender Squier Stratocaster Bullet (w/GK3), Ibanez AM93 (w/FTP pickup),  Stratocaster (w/FTP pickup)

Telecaster, Charvel SoCal ProMod, Gibson Les Paul, PV Wolfgang,

HCarlH

Quote from: alfstone on December 16, 2016, 01:51:17 PM
Is the Tripleplay 1.4 software compatible with Sierra OS?

Alfredo

Alfredo, if you're going to install Sierra, I'm hoping you'll let us know how the updated FTP software works as well as the included bundles (Native Instruments, Sampletank, etc.) and any other hardware interfaces you're using. 

I'm sure the Mac community here will appreciate it.   :)

QSC K10 -->> FOH
Fender Squier Stratocaster Bullet (w/GK3), Ibanez AM93 (w/FTP pickup),  Stratocaster (w/FTP pickup)

alfstone

Quote from: HCarlH on December 16, 2016, 09:24:32 PM
Alfredo, if you're going to install Sierra, I'm hoping you'll let us know how the updated FTP software works as well as the included bundles (Native Instruments, Sampletank, etc.) and any other hardware interfaces you're using. 

I'm sure the Mac community here will appreciate it.   :)

OK, I think I will do it next week, or during the Christmas holidays. I'll let you know.

The good news about Sierra is that now on the Roland/Boss compatibility web page there are the Sierra drivers for VG-99, GR-55, GP-10 etc. etc. Till few days ago there weren't. Nothing instead about the ToneStudio software.

Alfredo

LightWing

I'm using my FTP as a controller to plugins in my ProTools 12.6.1 DAW under Win 7 Pro.

While the IK/Sampletank stuff is nice I find it responds incredibly well with those from AIR Music Tech especially Hybrid 3, Structure, and Xpand2. Worth a look folks.

http://airmusictech.com/

For a guitar amp sim I use Scuffham...incredible and VERY well priced...on sale to 12/22 for $99

http://www.scuffhamamps.com/

Patrick

drbill

Sara,

will an updated user guide be available soon?

Thanks
GP-10, KPA
BM i2.13p, '76 Les Paul Deluxe w/GK-3, MiM RRS, Ibanez RG420GK, Charvel strat copy w/GK-2a, FTP

FishmanSQA

Quote from: drbill on December 17, 2016, 12:04:10 PM
Sara,

will an updated user guide be available soon?

Thanks

Hello,

Yes, we are working on updating our documentation...

Best,
Sara

jassy

So what are the big news about this 1.4 version? All I have read around seems minor improvements, Im missing something?

Elantric

TriplePlay v1.4 (BETA)
TP Firmware: 2.31/1.85
FC-1 Firmware: v1.03

Features:

--   Supports FC-1 foot controller accessory.
--    MIDI thru to all plugins and external hardware
--    Multi channel Mono and Single channel Poly modes can be chosen on a pre patch basis
--    Editing options are shown when right-clicking on patches
--    Patches window now includes additional Hardware Patches that are saved to the TriplePlay controller.
--    Hardware Patches are automatically saved to the controller after renaming a patch, reordering patches, or clicking the "Save" button.
--    Double-clicking the "Hardware Synth" button underneath the mixer channel opens the TriplePlay controller parameters window.
--    Increased patch load speed
--    Improved Splits functionality
--    New Graphic interface look
--    Improved plugin stability

http://www.fishman.com/support/tripleplay-updates/

HCarlH

Another big plus for me is it now loads S-Gear.  :)

Not possible in previous versions.
QSC K10 -->> FOH

FishmanSQA

Quote from: jassy on December 19, 2016, 03:00:01 PM
So what are the big news about this 1.4 version? All I have read around seems minor improvements, Im missing something?

Every area of this app has been touched and improved upon in some way...in addition to the improvements listed on the website, you will find everything flows better, things are all around smoother. If you compared previous software versions to this, you would most certainly see a huge improvement. Hopefully you give it a shot and enjoy!

Best,
Sara

Ringleader

Quote from: FishmanSQA on December 20, 2016, 07:48:23 AM
Every area of this app has been touched and improved upon in some way...in addition to the improvements listed on the website, you will find everything flows better, things are all around smoother. If you compared previous software versions to this, you would most certainly see a huge improvement. Hopefully you give it a shot and enjoy!

Best,
Sara

Is this update related to the "Something Big" announcement I received an email for today, or is that something else FTP related?

LightWing

Sara...as I use the FTP for a Midi Controller to SW Synths I CAN tell you 1.4 runs ALOT smoother and with less resources.

Maybe the forthcoming announcement will have a few more interesting FTP things? :)

Patrick

vablows

Thank you Fishman!
I only use the FTP with a hardware synth and haven't delved into the features of the new release yet, but right away I noticed the tracking is improved and pretty flawless now.
Awesome.
Thanks so much for.listening to the user's needs.

FishmanSQA

Great to hear the positive feedback! I will pass the comments along...

Best,
Sara

Spider

Quote from: FishmanSQA on December 20, 2016, 07:48:23 AM

Best,
Sara

Sara what changed in transmiter? Do you improved hardware? Is the tracking really improved (FTP in to hardware synths)?

shawnb

Quote from: Spider on December 16, 2016, 02:18:23 PM
Like I wrote: I have instaled full version of ST3. FTP 1.4 see ST3 and presets but coudn't load samples.

Spider -

I had a similar issue.  The message was slightly different, it said it couldn't load "legacy" samples - even though they were the new FTP samples and in the proper locations.  This was after following the instructions above (installing ST3 sounds only before installing FTP). 

For me, the fix was to get current on ST3.  I was running ST 3.3.0.   I upgraded to the latest version ST 3.6.7 & everything worked OK.   I didn't need to reinstall FTP or anything.  I just downloaded the latest ST3 from IK and installed it.  After the installation it rebuilt the DB, and everything was fine. 

Shawn
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Spider

Quote from: shawnb on December 20, 2016, 11:41:09 PM
Spider -

I had a similar issue.  The message was slightly different, it said it couldn't load "legacy" samples - even though they were the new FTP samples and in the proper locations.  This was after following the instructions above (installing ST3 sounds only before installing FTP). 

For me, the fix was to get current on ST3.  I was running ST 3.3.0.   I upgraded to the latest version ST 3.6.7 & everything worked OK.   I didn't need to reinstall FTP or anything.  I just downloaded the latest ST3 from IK and installed it.  After the installation it rebuilt the DB, and everything was fine. 

Shawn

I did as suggested Sara plus I upgraded to the newest version ST. All works ok. Just know only Reaktor 5 patches are not working for me (I have Reaktor 6).

Elantric

I'm due to upgrade to the latest FTP firmware next week

But there are reports the latest  firmware 1.4 version when installed on all Fishman Triplplay hardware ( External models and internal models -  Fender Fishman Strat, Godin & Rob OReilly Tripleplay), the resulting latency is now lower and thus the idea of performing a  genuine latency test of FTP with FW1.4 to verify the lower latency seems appropriate

shawnb

I haven't noticed a difference in latency

I received a PM from an enthused ftp-ist who swears tracking is much better.    It feels like that is the case.    No metrics to support that though.
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Elantric

What I experienced yesterday at East-West Studios was much better - but might be due to the MacPro

But Fishman FTP release notes indicate performance improvements with Firmware 1.4, and i believe it

shawnb

I'm happy they separated HW patches into their own bank.    This is much more logical.