Using Gt001 with a patchbay - Do I have to unplug R to get mono from L?

Started by ioscommuter, October 07, 2016, 01:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ioscommuter

Hi I am trying to set up some of my gear using a patchbay. Obviously the idea when doing this is to have everything connect via the patchbay and no longer have to go over to each unit to plug and unplug cables.

I understand that the GT001 is designed to give a mono sound out of L unless R is plugged in, however I'd like to use it sometimes in mono and sometimes in stereo. Do I have to pull the R plug out of the R output on the GT001 every time I want to use it for mono, or is there some setting that would allow me to get a mono signal while leaving both cables connected? I know I could use a mixer to sum them or perhaps set all stereo effects to center, but Im wondering if there is some simple setting to get mono without pulling out the R output?

Elantric

QuoteDo I have to pull the R plug out of the R output on the GT001 every time I want to use it for mono,

Due to the "Smart jacks" employed on latest Roland / Boss gear  - Yes you must disconnect the Right plug from the GT-001 right output to obtain Mono (Left output)
Most of the time these "Smart Jacks" present problems for professionals