JTV-59 Variax DI suggestions

Started by Fenderflame, April 18, 2016, 12:15:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fenderflame

Hi All. I'm looking at using an A/B/Y pedal to send a signal direct from my Variax to a multi-track recorder at the same time as sending a signal to the amp. That way I can double track the guitar. One track amped and the other dry for re-amping in my DAW. I think I need a DI Box but I understand that the general rule is 'active guitar needs a passive DI, passive guitar needs an active DI'. As a Variax JTV is both active and passive depending on weather I'm using humbuckers or Variax I'm not sure which type of DI I should get.

Can anyone here help?

Thanks.

Elantric

Most folks use this

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/VariaxPwrKit

https://reverb.com/item/1461409-line-6-variax-cabled-power-kit-for-variax-jtv-guitars-with-xps-a-b-box-15-planet-waves-trs-cable?_aid=pla&pla=1&gclid=CjwKEAjwi9K4BRCQzq7d1c6A_XASJABueAO2ZRQ6YSxMUR0zOjU98MXOnqPXwmnvTQq4pxcvxXHj1RoCegjw_wcB

Keep your Variax running with the Line 6 Variax Cabled Power Kit. Not only does this kit power your Line 6 Variax, it also functions as a direct box. The supplied 15' Planet Waves 1/4" TRS cable powers your Variax and sends the guitar's signal to the XPS A/B box. The XPS sports a 1/4" and an XLR output. Send the 1/4" signal to your amp and the XLR to the main board. By hitting the A/B button you can switch where your signal is sent to. This is perfect for acoustic guitar models that will sound better running straight through the mixer as opposed to your guitar amp. This kit adds flexibility and unlimited power to any Variax. Never worry about battery life again with the Line 6 Variax Cabled Power Kit.

Line 6 Variax Cabled Power Kit Features:
Power your Variax at gigs or in the studio without worries
XPS A/B box works as a direct box sending your signal to your amp or mixer
Includes 9V power adapter to power XPS and your Variax
15' Planet waves TRS guitar cable included
Keep your Variax powered with the Line 6 Variax Cabled Power Kit!