DIY GK-3 / Custom 13 pin Install / Mod info

Started by Elantric, March 28, 2016, 06:31:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elantric

Pastor Patrick

New to this forum - so I hope I'm approaching this correctly.
I recently installed a GK-3 on an acoustic Seagull Performer.  The tracking is incredibly accurate, but I'm encountering an issue that affects performance.
I installed the pickup on the guitar top as per instructions, but had to account for the pick guard. It's only a slight difference in height.
Question 1 - how might I best address the issue of the GK pickup coming loose from the adhesive under the B and E strings?
Also
Question 2 - the low E seems to have difficulty with regard to signal strength.  I used shims in attempt to correct for variance, but the string to pickup distance is significant enough that the sensitivity must be set at 100 - while the other 5 need to be set in or near the 20's in order to balance the input meter.  I also find that in some patches I get no low E string recognition regardless of sensitivity or string assignment within the patch itself.  How might I correct for this?

Finally - could there be an issue with the GK-3?  I've only had it for a short time and could exchange it for another if there is potential for problem.

Thanks in advance for any assistance offered.

gumbo

It would be useful to know what synth unit you are using...

...also remember to read all about cable maintenance here:

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=3132.0

HTH

Peter
Read slower!!!   ....I'm typing as fast as I can...