VGuitar Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]   Go Down

Author Topic: PRIMOVA MIDX-20 Dual Roland USB MIDI Converter / Ctrl Interface  (Read 11869 times)

whippinpost91850

Re: PRIMOVA MIDX-20 Dual Roland USB MIDI Converter / Ctrl Interface
« Reply #375 on: April 20, 2017, 04:20:22 PM »

Looks very useful

substation7

• Lurker
  • Rating: 0
  • When words fail, the guitar speaks -George Szell
    • Substation 7
« Reply #376 on: April 20, 2017, 07:01:20 PM »

I wish I could make sense of the MidiYoke documentation.  If it's capable of intercepting data both to/from an application it would be quite handy.  Their nomenclature refers to inputs as outputs and vice-versa, which really adds to the fun.  Was unable to find a single worked-through example of how one uses it and could never get it to do anything here besides acting as a bit-bucket.

MIDIYoke doesn't like to on 64bit OS's.  I hear people have made it work, but I haven't had much luck.

Two alternatives that I know about are LoopMIDI and LoopBe1 / LoopBe30.  LoopMIDI has worked well for me.

LoopMIDI
http://www.tobias-erichsen.de/software/loopmidi.html

LoopBe1 (free)
http://www.nerds.de/en/loopbe1.html

LoopBe30 (paid)
http://www.nerds.de/en/loopbe30.html
I bought a new guitar! And then she asks "Are you gonna sell the old one?"

substation7

• Lurker
    • Substation 7
« Reply #377 on: April 20, 2017, 07:29:02 PM »

FWIW, the new MIDX V2.0 firmware will have some unique Channel and CC mapping possibilities.
I'm not sure it can be found elsewhere, and I don't know why I did it, but it will be there. Maybe all this work is for nothing.

Can this new function be used to filter the incoming midi stream and allow only a single midi channel out of an assigned USB port?

I ask because I have a Zoom CRD-70 which responds to MIDI program change through the USB port, however, only in OMNI mode.  It would be cool if I could integrate it into my MIDI controlled pedalboard. 

mooncaine

« Reply #378 on: April 20, 2017, 11:17:23 PM »

I don't even need one and I want it. I'm wondering if it would make the Virtual Jeff more useful (assuming that the Virtual Jeff actually exists, lol).

CodeSmart

• Rating: 51
  • Trying to stay healthy and learn about electronics
    • primovasound.com
« Reply #379 on: April 21, 2017, 12:15:52 AM »

Can this new function be used to filter the incoming midi stream and allow only a single midi channel out of an assigned USB port?

I ask because I have a Zoom CRD-70 which responds to MIDI program change through the USB port, however, only in OMNI mode.  It would be cool if I could integrate it into my MIDI controlled pedalboard.

I'll add that for sure. Never thought of a filter removing unwanted channels.
Thanks!
Got more gear than I need...and I like it!

snhirsch

« Reply #380 on: April 21, 2017, 05:58:30 AM »

I'll add that for sure. Never thought of a filter removing unwanted channels.
Thanks!

Hi, Robert.  If you have a minute sometime, take a look at the feature set for the iConnectivity mio2.  May provide some further ideas for MIDI message filtering / routing.

I forgot to add:  Don't pay any attention to their UI!  Easily one of the worst I've encountered (and I've seen some awful ones over the years).  Even their own tech support folks admit it's a dog.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 07:33:56 AM by snhirsch »

admsustainiac

• Site Administrator
  • Rating: 37
« Reply #381 on: April 21, 2017, 09:08:41 AM »

Hi, Robert.  If you have a minute sometime, take a look at the feature set for the iConnectivity mio2.  May provide some further ideas for MIDI message filtering / routine.

Agreed -

But the "king of the hill is the the BOMEBox -but that might require an RPI class CPU / RAM

http://www.sonicstate.com/news/2016/09/27/whats-a-bomebox-and-why-would-i-need-it/

http://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=13459.msg98821#msg98821

« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 09:17:04 AM by admsustainiac »

substation7

• Lurker
    • Substation 7
« Reply #382 on: April 21, 2017, 09:43:56 PM »

I know the GT midi specification inside out, but that data collection seems meaningless to me, it has not collected any midi data, only high level USB connection handshake data.
Yes, snhirsch suggested I try to sniff the USB as it initialized its connection with the GT-001 to see if something was being sent to enable external clock. I will admit that I don't know much about deciphering USB transactions though.

An easier way would be
midi clock sender software > computer USB > MIDX-20 USB1 > MIDX-20 USB2 > USB-Midi Device adapter 1 midi out > USB-Midi Device adapter 2 midi in > USB-Midi Device adapter 2 USB > computer USB > midi monitoring software.

If you send midi clock, the monitoring software should see it.
I didn't think the MIDX-20 could be connected directly to a computer via its USB ports as they are acting as host ports.  Maybe Robert can confirm this.  I have connected as shown below and have been able to verify that MIDI clock is successfully passing through the MIDX-20.  It works perfectly with either of the MIDX-20's USB ports.

MIDIOX (sending MIDI clock) > Computer USB > Tascam US-122 OUT (5pin) > MIDX-20 IN (5pin) > MIDX-20 USB1 > Roland UM-ONE OUT (5pin) >Tascam US-122 IN > MIDIOX Monitor

Have you had any success getting a GT-001 to respond to external MIDI clock without being directly connected to a computer via USB?  If so, please share. I'm really hoping to use the GT-001 on my pedalboard, but I need it to be able to sync incoming clock.

Does your GT-001 have the latest firmware installed?
Yes, am at Ver.1.10
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]   Go Up