Hi from Tronical headquarters in Germany

Started by Tronical Bens, February 19, 2016, 04:14:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tronical Bens

Quote from: Autana on February 29, 2016, 12:09:48 PM
Welcome Bens!  nice to have you here in VGF,  I have been highly attracted to TT system. Virtual alternate tunings on the GR-55, GP-10 and VG-99 are an awesome resource, but a kinda obsession sprang up after having a DarkFire in my hands and experience the effect of playing alternate tunings in the quiet of my room, unplugged, without the actual normal physical tuning harassing my ear. I'll delve into the RG TT tuners subject, course starting right here in the forum, but any pointing to sources of information will be highly welcome. All the best.

Hi Autana,

sorry if I didn't get your point... What info do you need exactly?

Maybe you would want to check the manual and the specs?
http://www.tronical.com/downloads/
Just make sure to download the manual for TronicalTune PLUS!
8)
You Rock - We Tune

MCK

Quote from: Tronical Bens on March 08, 2016, 06:13:45 AM
Dear MCK,

after a couple of meetings I am sorry to tell you that we will not continue supporting DuskTiger or DarkFire software versions.
Furthermore we cannot give out any the source code or parts of the software as it contains some of the details of what we have developed to the latest version of the product.
Sorry...

I understand. No problems. It was worth asking. Thanks for taking the time to ask the question.

Autana

Quote from: Tronical Bens on March 08, 2016, 06:19:38 AM
Hi Autana,

sorry if I didn't get your point... What info do you need exactly?

Maybe you would want to check the manual and the specs?
http://www.tronical.com/downloads/
Just make sure to download the manual for TronicalTune PLUS!
8)

Thank you Bens, manual reading play the role! I got info I wanted. And the simple point is I am interested in "robot" tuning like TTP as alternative to virtual tuning. True physical tuning coming from strings as oppositte to virtual modeling/procces, etc.   Best!
GR-55, GP-10, GI-20, Godin xtSA, GodinNylon MultiAc, Giannini classical, 3 GK-3'd gtrs, Cube 80XL, Primova GKFX-21 (x2)

Fear just pulls you out of being true to music, which is coming from a place of love. Love is the opposite of fear. I stay away from anything fear-related.
- Tal Wilkenfeld -

Tronical Bens

Quote from: Autana on March 08, 2016, 07:52:25 PM

Thank you Bens, manual reading play the role! I got info I wanted. And the simple point is I am interested in "robot" tuning like TTP as alternative to virtual tuning. True physical tuning coming from strings as oppositte to virtual modeling/procces, etc.   Best!

Right?! Isn't it wierd if you hear the instrument being off while the sound out of the amp is totally in tune? Also the feel is way different while playing... isn't it?!

I believe that only with an analog-wise correctly tuned instrument you can give your amp the signal it needs to produce the sound you want. I think I can hear the difference clearly on the low end of a recording signal. Digital modelling is cool, but the input signal should be in tune even for giving the correct overtone response in relation to the base frequency.
Maybe it's just a crazy theory but I experienced this during recordings.

It is so cool after a few days break between recordings to jump back to the session with a guitar that has a tuning preset that you can recall to make sure it sounds exactly like some days ago when recording the first takes especially when overdubbing - no matter if standard-, open- or crazy custom tuning!
Also tuning between songs or just retuning doesn't cause breaks anymore...

You Rock - We Tune

Majiken

Hi Bens,

a late welcome from me! I had a wider neck built for my '92 Taylor 810 and put aTT system on it, as I can't see the practicality of using an acoustic guitar with piezo-fired GK systems and I do use several tunings.  System works well (sometimes need to microtune the low E string by hand), and I have a lot of fun showing it to the audience- tuners moving by themselves, Xmas-tree lightshow.... :-)

Unfortunately, the usage live is limited. To paraphrase you a bit, the breaks while tuning come less from the process itself than the strings! I have it set to tune slow, but around the 3rd time I go from a full step down to open E one or more of the strings is virtually guaranteed to break. Happens so often that I abandoned the idea of 1 guitar for a whole show with all the tunings I need :-/. I am testing the D'Addario NY steel phosphor bronze, as they are supposedly more durable.  Seems to be the case so far, jury is still out.  I think the TT system is great and does what it says, the strings just need to catch up (and yes, my luthier checked the setup).  Two steps forward, one back- still making progress :-)

Alles Gute, Kenny
Take what you need, put back a bit more, leave the place behind you better than it was before :-)

www.majiken.rocks

gumbo

Quote from: Majiken on June 18, 2016, 04:54:39 AM
Hi Bens,

a late welcome from me! I had a wider neck built for my '92 Taylor 810 and put aTT system on it, as I can't see the practicality of using an acoustic guitar with piezo-fired GK systems and I do use several tunings.  System works well (sometimes need to microtune the low E string by hand), and I have a lot of fun showing it to the audience- tuners moving by themselves, Xmas-tree lightshow.... :-)

Unfortunately, the usage live is limited. To paraphrase you a bit, the breaks while tuning come less from the process itself than the strings! I have it set to tune slow, but around the 3rd time I go from a full step down to open E one or more of the strings is virtually guaranteed to break. Happens so often that I abandoned the idea of 1 guitar for a whole show with all the tunings I need :-/. I am testing the D'Addario NY steel phosphor bronze, as they are supposedly more durable.  Seems to be the case so far, jury is still out.  I think the TT system is great and does what it says, the strings just need to catch up (and yes, my luthier checked the setup).  Two steps forward, one back- still making progress :-)

Alles Gute, Kenny

...BTW Kenny, did you ever try Elixir Strings ??
...granted I don't retune like you do, but I sure get one heck of a run out of them in comparison to other brands..

Cheers,
Peter
Read slower!!!   ....I'm typing as fast as I can...

Majiken

Hi Peter, yep, they've been my acoustic brand for a long long time! Every now and then I test something else, but nothing does it for me like the Elixirs :-). D'Addario has long been my electric brand and they have been consistent for me over the years, so once they started using NY steel for the acoustics I figured I had to give them a go with the Tronicals and frequent retuning.

Cheers, Kenny

PS. Bens, might you have an acoustic string recommendation? I use phosphor bronze.
Take what you need, put back a bit more, leave the place behind you better than it was before :-)

www.majiken.rocks

GuitarBuilder

Quote from: Majiken on June 18, 2016, 04:54:39 AM
Hi Bens,

Alles Gute, Kenny

Kenny - perhaps you could reorganize your setlist to group tunings and make transitions from high to low more step-wise and gradual?  I do that, starting from the higher string tension tunings to lower at the end of the set.  I have never had breaks with any type of string in this manner.
"There's no-one left alive, it must be a draw"  Peter Gabriel 1973

Majiken

Hi GuitarBuilder,

I have thought of that, and that can work for a theme-based maybe 2-set show. Problem is, I often play longer shows where my setlist is more of an atlas than a roadmap, and I keep my audience "with me" better when I bounce what I play spontaneously according to where I think they are at and where I can take them next. I hope that makes sense.....  But I do consider what you say, and right now keep the Tronical tuning to standard and open E (it makes the retune faster than I can), then use another guitar for the 1 step down stuff.

Best, Kenny

www.majiken.rocks

cags12

Quote from: Tronical Bens on February 19, 2016, 04:14:20 AM

I am officially employed with Tronical.
So if there is anything you want to talk about just let me know  ;D

Hi Ben,

I wonder if you are still active on this forum and if you would be able to answer a couple of questions I have :)

Cheers,
Christian

Elantric

cags12

Ohh good way of checking. Thank you Elantric.