The new Primova Sound Hobby Room - Where the stuff happens!

Started by CodeSmart, February 07, 2016, 03:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CodeSmart

Finally I got my Primova Sound & Dev. Lab in the basement in place, a comfortable mess and so nice!!!!
I can play my guitars really loud, rehearse and develop new boxes and enjoy life.
The War Department upstairs got two flats on her own.
She sees no more packing material, cables, electronic components or pedals whereever she tread her precious feet  ;D
It's a Win-Win!

I started with this, a real mess (yes, it's the same room).

(you may spot a couple of beer cans, I tell you I was worth it!)

But I got more gear than I need...and I like it!

gumbo

I was about to say.... "What? No beer fridge???  :o"   ...and then I remembered where you were....

Congratulations Robert!   ;D
Read slower!!!   ....I'm typing as fast as I can...

vtgearhead

That's quite a project.  Did you do the radiator plumbing yourself? 

CodeSmart

Quote from: snhirsch on February 07, 2016, 03:51:02 PM
That's quite a project.  Did you do the radiator plumbing yourself?
Nope, that sort of work is out of my league. The rest...yes (including the floorwork/tiles, wall concrete and electricity!

whippinpost91850

Looks great. An makes the wife happy. Truly is a win win

mchad

Bill Ruppert

WOW it looks like my transformation.
I built my room 10 -12 years ago and I have NEVER been happier in my life. I would NEVER leave unless I didn't need to relive my self or get food!
I love my studio/ham shack.
Congrats on building it. It looks awesome.
(ps I even bought a sleeping back so I could sleep here if it gets to late:-)
Bill

sixeight

Nice. Always great to have a room where you can mess about.
Just curious, what is the effect in your pedalboard on the right of the EV-5?

admin

QuoteJust curious, what is the effect in your pedalboard on the right of the EV-5?

TC-Helicon  Voicelive Play
http://www.tc-helicon.com/en/products/voicelive-play/

GraemeJ

GuitarBuilder

"There's no-one left alive, it must be a draw"  Peter Gabriel 1973

alexmcginness

Heres my room. I couldnt afford to buy the desk so I made it myself.

VG-88V2, GR-50, GR-55, 4 X VG-99s,2 X FC-300,  2 X GP-10 AXON AX 100 MKII, FISHMAN TRIPLE PLAY,MIDX-10, MIDX-20, AVID 11 RACK, BEHRINGER FCB 1010, LIVID GUITAR WING, ROLAND US-20, 3 X GUYATONE TO-2. MARSHALL BLUESBREAKER, SERBIAN ELIMINATOR AMP. GR-33.

Elantric

CodeSmart

Quote from: alexmcginness on February 09, 2016, 01:45:08 PM
Heres my room. I couldnt afford to buy the desk so I made it myself.

Yup, it shines. I hope the music sounds as good as the desk looks ;D

whippinpost91850

Nice job, how about a few more pictures. Quite a setup you have there

ffata

Your room looks great!
I do have maybe a silly question, does The War Department know they are being referred to as The War Department?
When I first read a post of yours with that phrase I got such a chuckle I had to tell my own War Department and she laughed as well! ;D
I have a similar situation but I used to be in the basement and we have now switched, I'm upstairs and my War Department is in the basement.
Still lovin' my GKPX-14 s/n-012
Thanks!

CodeSmart

Quote from: ffata on February 10, 2016, 05:23:49 PM
I do have maybe a silly question, does The War Department know they are being referred to as The War Department?
Nop, but I hope they don't mind me making you smile.

CodeSmart

Here's all my home brewed babies of 2017. Not looking too ugly :D

( . )( . )

Nice job on the room Robert. I'm in the process of converting my old lady's 16*20 metal shed (that just happens to have its own 100 amp service) into my man cave/jam/recording room. im about half way done, and I have almost all the materials needed to complete it...just need more free time (and free time from my friends). I insulated the walls and ceiling with 2" thick polyiso (got a killer deal on it), and installed an air conditioner. I am putting cardboard egg crate (I know -fire hazard) on the ceiling which will be painted flat black, and carpeting the floor. For all the side walls I bought heavy duty packing blankets and I'm going to run them on a track like movie theater curtains. I'm going to bite the bullet and buy some real bass traps for the corners. All the gaps will be sealed with spray foam. All in all, I'll be in it about $1500. It won't be professional quality, but i think it will work very well for my needs, and make my girlfriend and the neighbors happy without breaking the bank.

I've also got a full sized beer fridge, a flat screen, video game systems, a ping pong table, couches, recliners, etc. for the man cave part. I've been planning on this for about a year, and I'm super stoked that it's all coming together. I'm trying to get my friends to chip in on a V-drum fund, so we can mix everything into a PA and play at reasonable levels.

CodeSmart

That sounds awesome  :o
I suggest a new topic somewhere "Show us your music/hobby room".
Could be a source of inspiration to many.

CodeSmart

I got a new stage lamp from my Dear Wife.
It's vintage 60's and will definitively be on stage beside me and my Marshall stack the next time I perform 
It's so freaking beautiful, I mean it, it's so cool, I'm loving it!!!! 8)

gumtown

The table lamp reminds me of a band tour around the country 20 years ago,
we had a DMX lighting rig, and the table lamp was hooked up to one DMX channel as part of the lighting show.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

sixeight

Quote from: CodeSmart on December 13, 2017, 03:15:41 PM
I got a new stage lamp from my Dear Wife.
It's vintage 60's and will definitively be on stage beside me and my Marshall stack the next time I perform 
It's so freaking beautiful, I mean it, it's so cool, I'm loving it!!!! 8)

You may need to get a good flightcase for it.