Author Topic: Group Buy - Antares ATG -1 / Internal Luthier kits Group Buy  (Read 1918 times)

Offline admsustainiac

Group Buy - Antares ATG -1 / Internal Luthier kits Group Buy
« on: November 11, 2015, 12:42:00 PM »
VGuitarforums  Antares ATG Internal Luthier kits Group Buy

See attached text file for details

its critical to stress that you DONT use this pricing to leverage a price matching from other retailers. DOING SO CAN RUIN this deal. Dont post this onto other forums. Loose lips sink ships!
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 02:35:51 PM by Elantric »

Offline Elantric

Re: Group Buy - Antares ATG -1 / Internal Luthier kits Group Buy
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2016, 02:51:54 PM »

Reminder -  Group Buy discounts are  available to VGuitarforums members only
see the first post in this thread for details

Offline Majiken

• Rating: 13
  • The French-surnamed American living in Germany ;-)
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2016, 01:48:57 PM »
Hi, that looks awfully enticing- I will check whether I can get the 50% in Germany, but the question is also: how do I keep the deal price from my luthier? You need to order through one, right?

Life sidetracked me for awhile, very happy to be back to music  :D!
Take what you need, put back a bit more, leave the place behind you better than it was before :-)

www.majiken.rocks

Offline whippinpost91850

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2016, 02:02:05 PM »
Welcome back! You can order yourself no Luthier required

Offline Elantric

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2016, 02:09:52 PM »
Welcome back! You can order yourself no Luthier required

Correct

Offline Majiken

• Rating: 13
  • The French-surnamed American living in Germany ;-)
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2016, 12:51:46 AM »
Brilliant, thanks  ;D!
Take what you need, put back a bit more, leave the place behind you better than it was before :-)

www.majiken.rocks

Offline Big Jim

"How long does getting thin take?" Pooh asked anxiously. - A. A. Milne (1882 - 1956)

Offline abhijitnath

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2016, 10:55:25 AM »
Is a new model on its way?

Offline Elantric

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2016, 10:56:39 AM »
Nothing I've heard

It's s nice time to acquire an ATG -1

Offline Big Jim

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2017, 12:47:36 AM »
Price is back to $699 and the "group buy" coupon code no longer works.
Does anyone know how to get the discount on this item?
"How long does getting thin take?" Pooh asked anxiously. - A. A. Milne (1882 - 1956)

Offline admsustainiac

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2017, 03:11:40 PM »
Price is back to $699 and the "group buy" coupon code no longer works.
Does anyone know how to get the discount on this item?

Antares will restore the group buy for AutoTune for Guitar products by tomorrow.

see attached file on 1st post

http://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=16603.msg118999#msg118999

Offline Elantric

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2017, 11:40:57 AM »
Antares Group Buy is working again

Offline sec6

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2017, 10:07:47 AM »
Antares Group Buy is working again

Yes, it is working very, very well! With the new discounted price of $399 along with the group buy,( for additional savings)  how can you resist? Just ordered an RME aio pci interface from Thomann as well, and will be purchasing the Helix Native plugin when it comes out. Next up, acquire Spicetone 6Appeal, and feed it with the 13-pin output of the ATG-1.  Bye, bye Roland Corp! 
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 10:34:05 AM by Elantric »
Les Paul DC Standard (GK Kit), Ibanez RG420GK, Boss GP-10, Ableton 9 Intro, Omnisphere 2, Arturia Synclavier, Arturia VDM

Offline vanceg

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2017, 01:36:25 AM »
You are aware that the 13pin output of the ATG1 does NOT have the pitch shifted/processed signal, yes?  The 13pin output is just a throughput from the input.

Offline sec6

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2017, 03:19:19 AM »
You are aware that the 13pin output of the ATG1 does NOT have the pitch shifted/processed signal, yes?  The 13pin output is just a throughput from the input.

Yes, I am aware of that.  I realize the usefullness of doing this is of limited value. 
Les Paul DC Standard (GK Kit), Ibanez RG420GK, Boss GP-10, Ableton 9 Intro, Omnisphere 2, Arturia Synclavier, Arturia VDM

Offline Vaultnaemsae

« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2017, 12:39:51 PM »
That's a great deal...US$199.00 with free international shipping :)

Offline Pete1959

« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2017, 11:52:08 AM »
That's a great deal...US$199.00 with free international shipping :)

+1

I just did the same. Great price!

Having sold my GR-55 (which I regret) and recently, GP-10, I have 3 Strats with GK (GC-1, internal, external GK3) and despite some of the limitations of the ATG-1, it will come in handy for all those off-tuning and acoustic models.

I was really hoping for a new product announcement from Roland for those of us in the 13 pin world. It didn't happen which wasn't surprising. If they ever come out with a VG99 replacement or GR-66(?), well I would certainly want one but at least now I won't be holding my breath!

Once again, very pleased to be a contributing member to this forum for the past few years.

Offline abhijitnath

« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2017, 09:35:51 PM »
Are you guys still getting the 50% off? I tried to get it but the site the code is no longer valid...

Offline sec6

« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2017, 10:56:23 PM »
Are you guys still getting the 50% off? I tried to get it but the site the code is no longer valid...

The code is still active and valid for the ATG-1.

Offline cags12

« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2017, 03:23:10 AM »
I think that the promo code is mistake they made. Normally they disable the promos when they introduce their own offers, look at the kit, the code does not work.

Call me whatever you want but I believe that if we take advantage of this, we are contributing in losses for Antares which would translate on less likelihood for them to keep developing this line of products. But who am I to opine. I just simply want them to come up with more features and even a new version with the 13 pin processed output.

Edit: Do not get me wrong, I am not criticizing anyone. I am simply telling what I thought when I discovered I could get the ATG-1 for $199
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 03:30:41 AM by cags12 »

Offline sec6

« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2017, 07:45:31 AM »
I think that the promo code is mistake they made. Normally they disable the promos when they introduce their own offers, look at the kit, the code does not work.

Call me whatever you want but I believe that if we take advantage of this, we are contributing in losses for Antares which would translate on less likelihood for them to keep developing this line of products. But who am I to opine. I just simply want them to come up with more features and even a new version with the 13 pin processed output.

Edit: Do not get me wrong, I am not criticizing anyone. I am simply telling what I thought when I discovered I could get the ATG-1 for $199

If it were a mistake, why would they not correct it?  Maybe it is a loss leader? 

Offline cags12

« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2017, 07:48:46 AM »
Perhaps they are not aware of it. But it will not be me who will spoil it for everyone else by saying something :)

Offline Pete1959

« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2017, 08:04:21 AM »

Points well taken. My read on this was more of a clearing of inventory to make way for an upcoming new product. (??)
At the current updated price of $399, which translates to about $450 CDN, I could get a new GP-10 for that price and have many of the models plus synth. (I sold my GP-10)

Always liked the ATG-1 models and to me, seem to offer more than the Boss GP-10. So at the $399 USD price, it is not a deal maker but close. Never checked the internal kit as it did not interest me at all.

I previously bought a Peavey AT200 some time ago and it just didn't do it for me and did not want to purchase the downloadable updates to the Peavey that Antares offers.

So for $399 for the ATG-1, it was interesting but the forum discount did seal the deal for me.

I would not want to affect Antares or the forum group buy in any negative way. Simply saw this as clearing out inventory of possibly a soon to be discontinued product, nothing more. So, waited a day, revisited the website and watched the videos and figured for $199 USD, I could live with the product in its current form with the capabilities demonstrated and decided to buy with the discount code.

Never meant as a means to take advantage of anyone's error. Hope this is the case.

Offline chlorinemist

« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2017, 08:49:57 AM »
Yes, it is working very, very well! With the new discounted price of $399 along with the group buy,( for additional savings)  how can you resist? Just ordered an RME aio pci interface from Thomann as well, and will be purchasing the Helix Native plugin when it comes out. Next up, acquire Spicetone 6Appeal, and feed it with the 13-pin output of the ATG-1.  Bye, bye Roland Corp!

I use a 6Appeal and have been wanting to combine it with an ATG-1 for a long time. I've generally considered the 13 pin dry out problem a deal breaker due to the fact that 1) i've subscribed to the belief that pitch shifting should always be placed before distortion and 2)  combining tuned strings with autotuned strings will result in a dissonant mess.

Recently however I have been feeding the outputs of my 6Appeal to the my H8000FW and pitch shifting the strings post-distortion, and have found that the Eventide seems to actually not have any problem pitchshifting a single distorted string. No artifacts, sounds great.

This discovery has me wondering if the pitchshifting in the ATG-1 is similarly flexible. Antares has basically dethroned eventide as the kings of pitch shifting in modern times so I wouldn't be too surprised if their algorithms are at least on par.

Headroom at the input of the ATG-1 is a big concern though since it's designed to be first in the chain, directly fed by a hex pickup.

Perhaps do some experimenting with this when you get your ATG-1 and help answer these questions? Would be much appreciated

Offline sec6

« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2017, 09:18:57 AM »
I use a 6Appeal and have been wanting to combine it with an ATG-1 for a long time. I've generally considered the 13 pin dry out problem a deal breaker due to the fact that 1) i've subscribed to the belief that pitch shifting should always be placed before distortion and 2)  combining tuned strings with autotuned strings will result in a dissonant mess.

Recently however I have been feeding the outputs of my 6Appeal to the my H8000FW and pitch shifting the strings post-distortion, and have found that the Eventide seems to actually not have any problem pitchshifting a single distorted string. No artifacts, sounds great.

This discovery has me wondering if the pitchshifting in the ATG-1 is similarly flexible. Antares has basically dethroned eventide as the kings of pitch shifting in modern times so I wouldn't be too surprised if their algorithms are at least on par.

Headroom at the input of the ATG-1 is a big concern though since it's designed to be first in the chain, directly fed by a hex pickup.

Perhaps do some experimenting with this when you get your ATG-1 and help answer these questions? Would be much appreciated

The ATG-1 really shines after running the ATG-1 into modelling software such as Bias FX and Guitar Rig, etc.  The perfectly in tune, artifact free signal is a great foundation to fx processing.  Most of the videos don't reflect the potential of this device.     

Blog