Bituosity MiGiC Guitar to MIDI Software

Started by Kenmac, March 07, 2015, 10:56:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhilipKarlsson

Quote from: ffata on March 29, 2015, 12:37:15 PM
After making adjustments to the Sens and Speed I was able to use the standalone with some success.
Not bad, very playable. (do wish it was polyphonic)
The AU still wouldn't pass until I manually selected it and ran the test again, then it passed. Go figure.
Ok, so now I can select MiGiC and have it as an insert on an audio track...but...
The UI does not contain the Setup button. Hmmm... (see attached screenshot)
When I eventually get this configuration up and running, how do I route the audio track to a soft synth?
I'm using Logic 9.1.8

Thanks for your help!
Fred

Try beta 4 :) I have also included some instructions on how to get up and running at the download section.

Best of luck!
/Philip

Kenmac

Quote from: PhilipKarlsson on April 03, 2015, 03:45:43 AM
MiGiC Beta 4 is now released!

I have now released beta 4 which includes a new preprocessing section with Gain, Filter and Compression controls. I have also fixed a number of bugs that I have been able to adress with the help of all testers. Thank you for all your support and I hope you will enjoy the new beta!

The beta is available at www.bituosity.com

Cheers,
Philip

Thanks Philip and thanks for the improvements in Beta 4. I'm looking forward to trying this out.

"Let them brush your rock and roll hair."

CodeSmart

Tjenare Karlsson,
We are many here following your project with great interest.
Just checked your video out. Keep on the good work, it looks very promising.
Hälsningar från Värmland.
But I got more gear than I need...and I like it!

ffata

Philip,

I've DL'd and installed Beta 4. It works! It works really well.
I was a bit confused about the 3rd install step mentioning a midi port being created.
I set up an audio track, added MiGiC to that track.
I then set up a software instrument track, Logic uses their electric piano as the default.
I started playing right away, I thought I would have to manually enable this new midi port.
I also didn't see it in any of the preferences. I guess it's not a big deal but if anyone is trying MiGiC in Logic 9, maybe they could point out where this new port is. Thanks
I know it's not yet polyphonic so I didn't labor over trying out any poly synths, pads etc.
The monophonic synths and synths programmed to be mono played and responded well.
I switched the test track to GForce Oddity version 2. Very responsive, many of the mono presets play and feel smooth under my fingers. Slides and gliss type moves on the guitar neck translated well as long as the synth patch was set up correctly.

Thanks for all the work you're putting into this, I look forward to clicking on the poly button!
Fred

PhilipKarlsson

Quote from: CodeSmart on April 03, 2015, 02:10:49 PM
Tjenare Karlsson,
We are many here following your project with great interest.
Just checked your video out. Keep on the good work, it looks very promising.
Hälsningar från Värmland.

Tjeeenare! :)

Thank you very much, have you got the opportunity to try it yet?

Hälsningar från Götlaborg :)

PhilipKarlsson

Quote from: ffata on April 09, 2015, 01:59:00 PM
Philip,

I've DL'd and installed Beta 4. It works! It works really well.
I was a bit confused about the 3rd install step mentioning a midi port being created.
I set up an audio track, added MiGiC to that track.
I then set up a software instrument track, Logic uses their electric piano as the default.
I started playing right away, I thought I would have to manually enable this new midi port.
I also didn't see it in any of the preferences. I guess it's not a big deal but if anyone is trying MiGiC in Logic 9, maybe they could point out where this new port is. Thanks
I know it's not yet polyphonic so I didn't labor over trying out any poly synths, pads etc.
The monophonic synths and synths programmed to be mono played and responded well.
I switched the test track to GForce Oddity version 2. Very responsive, many of the mono presets play and feel smooth under my fingers. Slides and gliss type moves on the guitar neck translated well as long as the synth patch was set up correctly.

Thanks for all the work you're putting into this, I look forward to clicking on the poly button!
Fred

Thank you very much! Always makes me very happy to hear a "success story". Will try to see why the port didn't show up! I have now made some tutorials on how to setup the VST and AU as well as a tutorial on how to tune in the right settings. The tutorials are available at www.bituosity.com/tutorials.html

scratch17

I was on the Logic Pro Expert site and ran across a video of Bituosity's MiGiC. It's in Beta (V4) right now, and currently only monophonic. However, the developer is promising 'chords' in the next release.

It seems easy to set up in your DAW. In Logic you create an audio track for your guitar, create an instrument track, go back to the audio track and add the MiGiC plugin to an insert and play. In the videos I've seen, it tracks with zero latency.

Here is the website. You can download the beta in AU or VST format free.

http://www.bituosity.com/index.html
Hamer Duotone, Brian Moore i213, Taylor 710 BCE 

VG-99, FC-300, RMC Fanout
RJM Mastermind GT10
Kemper Profiling Amp
Radial JDV Mk3, X-Amp
Mesa Recto Pre + 20/20
68 Fender Bandmaster (AB763)
Marshal AS80R

UA Apollo X6, Twin X, Logic Pro, Luna, Melodyne Studio

Elantric

Philip Karlsson, (Bituosity MiGiC developer) ,  is a member here.

Kenmac

An update, MiGiC has been updated to beta 5 which adds polyphonic MIDI capabilities. I've downloaded it but haven't installed it yet. It should be interesting to see how the tracking compares to MIDI Guitar 2. http://www.bituosity.com/

Aph

Quote from: Kenmac on August 05, 2015, 09:16:30 AM
An update, MiGiC has been updated to beta 5 which adds polyphonic MIDI capabilities. I've downloaded it but haven't installed it yet. It should be interesting to see how the tracking compares to MIDI Guitar 2. http://www.bituosity.com/

Hmmm... clicking on the Polyphonic button does nothing.
SY-1000  v1.08
BTS for SY-1000  v1.02

Kenmac

Quote from: Aph on August 06, 2015, 08:02:25 AM
Hmmm... clicking on the Polyphonic button does nothing.
As I said in the initial post I hadn't installed the plug-in at that point but I was using it last night and found that it *is* polyphonic but only for creating one note chords. There are dials you can use to create your own chord and you can trigger it by playing single notes. As it stands now it's still monophonic. The tracking is okay but still not quite as fast as Jam Origins MIDI Guitar 2. I'm hoping in beta 6 there'll be true polyphony and faster tracking.

mbenigni

Quoteit *is* polyphonic but only for creating one note chords.

I know what you mean here, but taken out of context this statement cracks me up.  :D

Kenmac

Quote from: mbenigni on August 06, 2015, 11:56:28 AM
I know what you mean here, but taken out of context this statement cracks me up.  :D
lol. Yes, that is pretty humourous when taken out of context. It sounds like something a fast talking music store employee would say to a customer.  :)  On a serious note, I think once Philip improves the tracking and adds true polyphony this will be a serious competitor to Jam Origins offering.

mbenigni

QuoteIt sounds like something a fast talking music store employee would say to a customer.

Totally.  :)

QuoteI think once Philip improves the tracking and adds true polyphony this will be a serious competitor to Jam Origins offering.

Competition in this space is good for everyone!  There was a lull between ca. 2000 (WIDIsoft, etc.) and whenever JamOrigins picked up the mantle (2012?) but I'm glad to see several developers trying to optimize the mono signal to poly MIDI paradigm.

Kenmac

Just bumping this up to let you know that Beta 6.0 is now available for download. I haven't installed it yet but one of the improvements that's been made is the fact that it can now be used without having to be online. Available for both Mac and PC at https://migic.com/downloads

Kenmac

Another update: Beta 7.0 is now out and can be downloaded here: https://migic.com/downloads

Kenmac

Interesting that one day after JamOrigin releases the new MIDI Guitar, MiGiC is out of beta and version 1.0 is now available for download. I downloaded it but haven't installed it yet. Here's the link: https://migic.com/downloads

https://migic.com/home

CodeSmart

I'd rather see a small box with a 1/4" guitar input jack and a 5-pin MIDI output/USB connector.
Maybe have to use a computer/phone to configure it, but after that...just the box needed.

But I got more gear than I need...and I like it!

Smash

Agreed - it's monophonic so Macbook etc seems a bit overkill!

Aph

Quote from: Kenmac on January 31, 2017, 09:29:14 AM
Interesting that one day after JamOrigin releases the new MIDI Guitar, MiGiC is out of beta and version 1.0 is now available for download. I downloaded it but haven't installed it yet

Seems to track much better than the beta versions...
Anyone else try it?
SY-1000  v1.08
BTS for SY-1000  v1.02

Vaultnaemsae

I'm curious how this software compares to MIDI GUITAR 2 Beta 14 but not quite ready to commit to a purchase. Any V-guitar forum user reviews on the latest version? Cheers, Luke
Vaultnaemsae's SoundCloud:
https://soundcloud.com/vaultnaemsae

Aph

Quote from: Vaultnaemsae on February 06, 2017, 12:13:24 AM
I'm curious how this software compares to MIDI GUITAR 2 Beta 14 but not quite ready to commit to a purchase. Any V-guitar forum user reviews on the latest version? Cheers, Luke

Midi Guitar 2 is on Beta 16 now. I had downloaded Migic 1.0 to compare to the other Migic beta's which I have... and 1.0 certainly does track better. But I never really compared it to Midi Guitar before, so I decided to download the MG trial (which only is beta 4) and was immediately hooked. It tracked a little better than the current Migic version AND it's polyphonic! The poly performance is quite good... though it cannot do minor 2nd intervals at the same time. I can't tell any difference in tracking between their trial version (beta 4) and their recent version (beta 16), but there are other changes...
Midi Guitar isn't just a guitar to midi converter... it's also a VST and VSTi host where you can run the regular guitar signal through any VST and the guitar to midi signal into any VSTi and then combine the sounds. Some of the patches can sound massive!
Note: you still have to play super clean, and as usual, piano sounds are the hardest to get right.
SY-1000  v1.08
BTS for SY-1000  v1.02

Vaultnaemsae

Thanks for the response. I've been using the Midi Guitar 2 for quite a while now and am pretty happy with it as a compact pitch-to-midi guitar solution. Was just curious if MIGIC is now a serious competitor but seems it's not quite there yet.
Vaultnaemsae's SoundCloud:
https://soundcloud.com/vaultnaemsae

Kenmac

It's been awhile but there's now a new version of MiGiC available to download for PC and Mac available here: https://migic.com/downloads  The interface has been redesigned and it's now called MiGiC Evo. I'll be giving it a try later today.