Fishman TriplePlay FC-1 Floor Controller (User Experience)

Started by vablows, January 25, 2015, 10:19:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

colan

Anybody want to buy my Fishman FC1 MIDI hardware footswitch ?

alancarl

colan

Sorry Al-  I sold it before I logged back on here.

Is there any news on the FTP software update ?

alancarl

colan

It seems that the 1.4 update has been released;
https://www.fishman.com/support/tripleplay-downloads/
I haven't run it as yet but the Windows 7 graphics problem has been fixed.   Well done Fishman team.

thunderfingers

Change songs with FC-1? Using live, I must be able to change patches fast and this means using the "song" bank where up to 10 patches are in memory. I can change through patches with the D-pad built into the triple play controller- but I cannot change songs. Would be ideal if FC-1 could scroll through the "songs" while the D-pad scrolls through the patches in each song.

But the FC-1 does not send the required MSB, LSB and program change messages. It's just 1 message and that is it. Does anyone know how to use MIDIPIPE or other software to expand the simple cc message from FC-1 to the 3 goes required? Additionally it would need to know what "song" you are on so it could increment.

I also have a livid guitar wing- guess what? only simple cc messages- no combinations.

I have been able to make this work with an iOS app called "midipad" which allows you to create a sequence of cc# messages.

I've also considered adding the logidy footswitch which seems like it would do this (at least change to a specific "song") but this duplicates the function of the FC-1 and takes up valuable pedalboard space.

I would love to be able to change songs from my FC-1 so I don't have to have the phone on guitar wing which occasionally lose connection.

Does anyone know how to change "songs" with FC-1?

stevethompson

My view of the  FC1's main function is to receive the FTP wireless data and transmit MIDI messages to hardware synths.
I had been using an iConnectMidi  (v1) for this so any additional pedal functionality was welcome!

The actual synth patch changes I prefer to be more random access based - instead of scrolling through a "setlist" which I bet many of us have found to be "suggestions" over the years...

So the patches I have set up on the FTP for hardware use (just added a Roland D-05, works nicely)
options for tuning 5th and 6th strings down an octave, all strings up or down an octave, etc, all duplicated for bending vs triggered

I have the FC1 set up to send cc commands to the synths only for toggling MONO/POLY operation.

For now I can change the sounds directly on the D05, but there are other options, I will probably reenlist a Lake Butler controller to trigger the synths' sound patch changes through the Fishman FC1 and am hoping the FC1 will respond to incoming patch changes from the Lake Butler, then it can be safer off the floor as well!

stevethompson

Actually having gone through the thoughts I'm wondering if it might be possible to include the CC commands for MONO/POLY within the FC1 hardware patch information? I know it can be programmed into the Lake Butler unit; just looking for all possible options to get results with fewer "steps" :)

stevethompson

Thank you for the reminder to review those excellent docs. They are a very useful reference for sure!

thunderfingers

I hired a programmer to write a midipipe script so that I could change one cc code into the 3 codes required for bank change. But the banks changes took too long.

So I searched for another software to host vst sample plugins and found gigperformer.com. Now I can switch quickly between patches. I use about 70 patches in a show and they are all in SampleTank which is used as a plugin in gig performer. This has been a far better solution for my cover band that goes from song to song in less than 3 seconds.

I use livid guitar wing with midipipe to change from guitar to synth and also to alternate between patches.

Still getting some bugs out but overall it's the best setup I've had and I'm wireless!

admin

There is a proximity sensor in the guitar mounted Tripleplay Connect Controller (due April 2019) that detects picking hand position  - goal is minimize random unintended "False note"  messages 

the settings screen on the iPad app can enable  / disable this - ( see lower left corner )

Tripleplay Connect iPad app has important functions for FC-1 owners

There is a FC-1 Control Assignment screen

GuitarBuilder

Quote from: admin on February 02, 2019, 07:21:58 AM
There is a proximity sensor in the guitar mounted Tripleplay Connect Controller (due April 2019) that detects picking hand position  - goal is minimize random unintended "False note"  messages 

the settings screen on the iPad app can enable  / disable this - ( see lower left corner )

Tripleplay Connect iPad app has important functions for FC-1 owners

There is a FC-1 Control Assignment screen

You mean there's further development on FTP?  That is very exciting, particularly with the silence on the part of Roland GK.
"There's no-one left alive, it must be a draw"  Peter Gabriel 1973

admin

Quote from: GuitarBuilder on February 02, 2019, 07:29:31 AM
You mean there's further development on FTP?  That is very exciting, particularly with the silence on the part of Roland GK.
learn more here
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=25124.0

Mesut

Hi everyone

I can' t make a Roland EV5 expression pedal with FC-1 with a hardware synth. (Roland JV 2080) The EV5 is ok and working. I checked it with triple play with a computer and an Axe fx ultra.

I set midi channel 1 and cc 7 channel volume.
Any help will be appreciated.

admin

Quote from: Mesut on March 06, 2019, 06:28:36 AM
Hi everyone

I can' t make a Roland EV5 expression pedal with FC-1 with a hardware synth. (Roland JV 2080) The EV5 is ok and working. I checked it with triple play with a computer and an Axe fx ultra.

I set midi channel 1 and cc 7 channel volume.
Any help will be appreciated.

Be sure the JV 20280 is set to receive MIDI CC Volume messages = ON) ( page 138)
https://static.roland.com/assets/media/pdf/JV-2080_OM.pdf

80Hz

Help! Anyone have issues with the FC-1 spewing out midi volume change messages non-stop? I ran MidiScope on the iPad and see that the FC-1 is sending continual  cc#7 volume messages between 100-127 on channel 1.  It does this even with the FTP turned off.  I tried different midi cables. I tried moving proximity of other pedals for possible EMF issues.  Here's a screen shot from MidiScope.

alancarl

Hi 80hz
     If you have an expression pedal like a Roland EV5 try plugging it in to the exp input of the FC-1.
See if the steady cc 7 stops then.
Thanks
Al

80Hz

Quote from: alancarl on October 26, 2020, 03:27:01 AM
Hi 80hz
     If you have an expression pedal like a Roland EV5 try plugging it in to the exp input of the FC-1.
Thanks
Al
THANKS Al I will give that a try and report back!

80Hz

Quote from: alancarl on October 26, 2020, 03:27:01 AM
Hi 80hz
Thanks
Al

Plugged in an expression pedal, calibrated it and it worked!  THANKS!

Elantric

Will Robinson

I'm using the FTP and FC1 for controlling hardware synth most of the time, software some of the time. Not using the FTP app for anything while playing.

Is there still no way to assign the first two foot switches to other uses? I'd love to have octave up octave down...or pitch up/down. Or better yet, let them send a midi value that could replicate the 'Control 3 and 4' for Boss devices like the GM-800.

EDIT TO ADD: Oooops! I just discovered the little FC-1 icon at the top left of the FTP editor app. Looks like I can get some of what I want there, if not all of it and save a variety of options in a few presets. I guess if I change the "patch - patch+ " assignment I will have to use the app to load the presets though?