GP-10- volume change?

Started by slooky, October 16, 2014, 04:16:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slooky

Is their a way to have a volume boost function besides the foot pedal? Say controller 1,, could I make it to be used as a boost?

Elantric

QuoteIs their a way to have a volume boost function besides the foot pedal? Say controller 1,, could I make it to be used as a boost?
Yes - use the Boss Tone Studio to set up the Control Assign for S1/S2 - there are many options - including a "solo boost" function as a target parameter.

My biggest gripe to is I cant show you a screen shot to show you exactly how -  since I'm currently nowhere near my GP-10, and   Boss Tone Studio will not run without the hardware present and connected via USB
(Very Bad decision Roland/Boss!)

But its in this page here:

slooky

MusicOverGear

compressor
solo switch
eq
volume in some of the models
direct/effect volume in most effects
amp output level (assign min/max toggle)
patch level
apparent volume with brightness (e.g. wah)
many many more

there are LOTS of ways to do just about anything in the GP-10

slooky

So I worked on getting a volume boost and now when I press CTL 2 the sound goes through the roof! I cannot figure how to boost only a little. Any advice?

Elantric

QuoteSo I worked on getting a volume boost and now when I press CTL 2 the sound goes through the roof! I cannot figure how to boost only a little. Any advice?

Edit GP-10 with Tone Studio while monitoring with your live amplification system to verify the level is correct and how you want it

slooky

Thanks Elantric, it seemed to be in the Assign screen. I would hit Ctl 2 and watch the patch level go from 100 to 200. I started to change parameters in the Assign screen and now I have CTL 1 set to delay/on off and CTL 2 set to Chorus/on off. Anyway I would like to set CTL 1 with delay/on off but with a patch level boost. Or, Ctl 1 set to patch boost to go from 100 to 120. Really not sure how I got Ctl to change from 100 to 200.