VG-99 - Gospel Ballad - Lover You Should've Come Over....

Started by Smash, June 28, 2014, 09:37:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smash

A dual tone VG99 patch based on the one I used for Where to Now St Peter.

COSM A is the organ model featuring auto rotary speaker fast and slow switching and freeze pedal to hold the chords so the guitar can move over the top of them. It's very dynamic and the overdrive gets harder as you dig in - I deliberately stuck the rotary speaker BEFORE the amp for that effect.

COSM B is a Tele with neck pup (well it is Jeff Buckley afterall!) with gain controllable from GK300 volume pot.

FC300 CTL 1 solos organ (as per intro)

FC300 CTL 2 is chorus for guitar (not used)

FC300 Exp1 is the freeze function to hold organ chords - I used this to "snatch" the chords in the intro to try and make it more organ sounding - almost hitting the next chord before releasing the freeze on the last then freezing immediately again.

GK3 Vol - extra dirt in predefined range for the git.

It's a very dynamic patch and the organ follows the main git dynamics really nicely with just enough movement from the rotary speaker to cover up the organ sounds short comings!

DEMO guitar was live in one take no edits - featuring the man himself on vocals(!) https://soundcloud.com/smashmashups/vg99-patch-demo-lover-you-shouldve-come-over?in=smashmashups/sets/vg99-patches

papabuss

Absolutely awesome, Scott.

Heard yours on Soundcloud, then the original on Youtube

Could not make up my mind which one is better... ;)
FENDER STRATOCASTER (1974); BRIAN MAY RED SPECIAL; VG 99; GR 55; Yamaha DX 7

Music was my first love and it will be my last (JOHN MILES)

jassy