I cant believe there is no way to copy a PCM from one patch onto another patch

Started by JKpicker, April 18, 2013, 09:47:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JKpicker

I cant believe there is no way to copy a PCM I tweaked and like, into various other patches.  Roland support said no, I have to "re-create"  that PCM into each patch.

ALSO, I wondered if this would be do-able if I could make Librarian or the Workbench connect.  But after initially getting the GR-55 to connect, it failed, and on 2 different PC's I have, it now will not connect.  I even sent back the GR-55 and got another in case there was a defect, but that did not solve it.  Maybe my registries on both PC's are now full of junk but I don't know how to fix it if that's it.

ALSO, I cant believe that I cannot download patches, straight to a thumb drive, and dump that into a patch slot in my GR-55.  I believe I was told I HAVE to get that Librarian working, or Workbench....does anyone know different.

I love this thing but not if it's this unwieldy.  THANKS FOR ANY INPUT YOU HAVE.

papabuss

FENDER STRATOCASTER (1974); BRIAN MAY RED SPECIAL; VG 99; GR 55; Yamaha DX 7

Music was my first love and it will be my last (JOHN MILES)

Elantric

QuoteI cant believe there is no way to copy a PCM I tweaked and like, into various other patches.  Roland support said no, I have to "re-create"  that PCM into each patch.

You must get your GR-55 Windows USB Driver sorted out - then use Gumtown's GR-55 Floorboard Editor, build a GR-55 patch with PCM Synths set to your liking, and save a copy to your PC. Use this as a "template" to build upon for other patches you create where you want the same PCM tone.

QuoteALSO, I wondered if this would be do-able if I could make Librarian or the Workbench connect.

But after initially getting the GR-55 to connect, it failed, and on 2 different PC's I have, it now will not connect.  I even sent back the GR-55 and got another in case there was a defect, but that did not solve it.  Maybe my registries on both PC's are now full of junk but I don't know how to fix it if that's it.

Learn how to repair a failed GR-55 Win7 USB Driver install here:
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=8310.msg59267#msg59267

ALSO, I cant believe that I cannot download patches, straight to a thumb drive, and dump that into a patch slot in my GR-55.  I believe I was told I HAVE to get that Librarian working, or Workbench....does anyone know different.

You must get your GR-55 USB driver working. The Thumb drive can only perform entire bulk back up / restore - no ability to load  / save individual patches to Thumb drive. Yes Roland rushed the GR-55 out and  (compared to its predecessors) only supplied basic features.

Luckily Gumtown created the GR-55 FloorBoard Editor - most of us here would be lost without it, and I would never recommend a GR-55 to anyone, without this important GR-55 Editor that Roland decided "costs too much"

mbenigni

QuoteI cant believe there is no way to copy a PCM I tweaked and like, into various other patches.

It would be a great feature if you could store sets of PCM settings as named presets for recall, though.  I also wish there were a button to initialize just a given PCM block, rather than an entire GR55 patch; that would be an enormous help.  In general, the init sequence ought to be context-sensitive, returning only the parameters associated with the page you're on back to defaults (and the entire patch if you're looking at the patch name or one of the very high-level menus.)

jwhitcomb3

You can save patches named after the PCM section you want to use, load them into the editor and mix and match as you wish.

Once you decide what you want your default PCM patch to be, save it in a patch and repeat as above.