GP-10 patches for GR-55

Started by pottsi39, September 08, 2014, 12:34:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pottsi39

Hi guys

Just watched a very good video of the GP-10 and from what i know it is just the modelling section of the GR-55. What i was wondering was is there any way to get gp-10 patches for the gr-55 I tried the editor so i could copy the settings but that won't work unless you have a gp-10 attached to it

Elantric

QuoteJust watched a very good video of the GP-10 and from what i know it is just the modelling section of the GR-55.

Remember the 2014 Boss GP-10 has a faster DSP and more clarity to its Guitar and Amp Models compared to 2011 GR-55.  And many GP-10  FX can be re-arranged in any order desired- impossible with GR-55.

QuoteWhat i was wondering was is there any way to get gp-10 patches for the gr-55?

Not that I know of

QuoteI tried the editor so i could copy the settings but that won't work unless you have a gp-10 attached to it

True - which IMHO is a really clobbered paradigm which makes "patch cloning impossible and hurts potential GP-10 sales big time since without being able to run Boss Tone Studio Editor "offline" without purchased GP-10 hardware makes it really difficult for non GP-10 owners to fully grasp the full picture of all the GP-10's diverse capabilities

IMHO between the Boss Tone Studio Editor's inability to launch and run without connected GP-10 hardware ("offline") and the GP-10's lack of MIDI USB Class Compliance ( so no IPad connectivity)  these are major stumbles for Roland 

Sadly all products which only use "Boss Tone Studio Editor" for patch parameter viewing requires the actual hardware to be present and connected, which leaves all the Boss  ME-80 patches ( and likewise all Boss GP-10 too) in the "not accessible to non owners" category.

this is my biggest gripe with several modern Patch Editors. Same situation exists for Digitech gear that uses X-Edit. Its impossible to launch the program and view patch parameters " offline"  when the actual hardware is not present.

I hate that, because it denies my ability to build set lists or review FX settings when I'm away from my music gear.

pottsi39

I thought that would be the way just wish i could delve into the patches so i could make my own version of them for the gr-55 as i don't particularly want to buy gp-10

Jim Williams

sadly both units are so completely different in so many ways the only thing you can do is use your ear and try to come close.

Everything from modeling to the real deal, my house looks like a music store.