GR-55 - Simple Minds - Don't you forget about me

Started by papabuss, March 17, 2014, 10:27:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

papabuss

A string and guitar patch for SM.
The mp3demo starts at about 4:44 where you can mainly hear the drums and bass (and the vocal and some short lead notes).

I then added my patchsound.
FENDER STRATOCASTER (1974); BRIAN MAY RED SPECIAL; VG 99; GR 55; Yamaha DX 7

Music was my first love and it will be my last (JOHN MILES)

greekjgg

Were your ears burning? I've been literally on here for the past hour and that song was one on my to do list for my gig this weekend. What I've been using has been "ok" but this is much better!!

For me, I need to dirty the guitar a PINCH more.

You think it would be TOO MUCH to add the synth/keyboard on top of the strings? I'm not saying "too much" for you to do personally, but if one were to try and dial that in to?

Is the CTL a momentary switch?

I think I may also use the  exp pedal to dial at the guitar as well for the breakdown part

This is pretty damn good and usable on a lot of other tracks as well.
Setup:
Homemade EVH Frankenstrat with built in GK3
GR55
Rocktron Talkbox
TC Helicon Voicetone C1
Tech 21 Power Engine 60

papabuss

Greekjgg, nice to hear you like it.
Could be that there are bettler assignments possible.

P.S. By the way I learned a new idiom. (Were your ears burning.)
Had to look for a German translation. Found this one and I hope it' s right ;)
I was just talking about someone, and right at that moment they called me. In English, we will sometimes say - "Oh - your ears must have been burning!" meaning something like "you must have known that we were talking about you".
FENDER STRATOCASTER (1974); BRIAN MAY RED SPECIAL; VG 99; GR 55; Yamaha DX 7

Music was my first love and it will be my last (JOHN MILES)

greekjgg

Quote from: papabuss on March 17, 2014, 11:59:57 AM
Greekjgg, nice to hear you like it.
Could be that there are bettler assignments possible. I often just play along, listen to songs and then sometimes create (quick) patches.
P.S. By the way I learned a new idiom. (Were your ears burning.)
Had to look for a German translation. Found this one and I hope it' s right ;)
I was just talking about someone, and right at that moment they called me. In English, we will sometimes say - "Oh - your ears must have been burning!" meaning something like "you must have known that we were talking about you".

Thats spot on, although I was probably a little off. I was literally going through about 2 dozen patches looking for something I could "tweak"  for that song. I wasn't all that excited to play it, but your patch as well as the version of that song gives me some ideas. The more I play yours I'm inclined to leave it alone and use as is. I may still dirty it up some. That harmonic with the tremolo is a little tricky to pull off with the cleaner tone.
Setup:
Homemade EVH Frankenstrat with built in GK3
GR55
Rocktron Talkbox
TC Helicon Voicetone C1
Tech 21 Power Engine 60