VG-99 - GP-10 Nylon Real Acoustic Collection ported to VG99

Started by Smash, April 24, 2016, 12:22:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smash

I've ported 6 of Autana's incredible GP10 Nylon patches over to VG99.

All controls and EXPs have been duplicated. there was however one amendment I had to make - the VG99 does not have an the adjustable T Comp in the the amp emulation so I've used the Advanced Compressor Light preset after the amp and backed off the compression a tad.

EXP1 generally adjusts either reverb time or effect level - EXP1 Footswitch generally resets the patch to original settings so this is teh first thing you should do after loading a patch.

They sound 99% identical to the GP10 demos posted by Autana - I may post a demo if I et time but it's a painful process doing this!

Oh, and I've only done 6 - all the ones demo'd in the video.

I wish I could take credit for these but Autana has done an amazing job with these patches - top man.

This is what he said about the patches including audio demo. Enjoy!

Inspired by the valuable contributions of other users, whom I mentioned at end of the demo video, this my first Patch Exchange post, and I chose the guitar nylon subject and Boss GP-10, looking for achieve more realistic acoustic sounds for classic, flamenco, Latin rock, pop, smooth jazz, Brazilian and other related styles.

Except some nice nylon presets here in VGF, very few patches I've tried, while can sound fine in other style scenarios, IMHO not success ed showcasing the sweet essence, rich tone and vibe of an authentic Spanish or South American types of acoustic classical nylon guitar.

In my country, musicians grown an entire life surrounded by acoustic instruments such as guitar, cuatro (ukulele cousin) tiple, mandolin, harp llanera "arpa llanera" etc. and its sound is like the air we breathe. So taking advantage of that I dared to create this patches collection (I named NyRaC - The Nylon Real Acoustic Collection), hoping  the results are at least half as good as expected.

Included audio and video demos reference. Thanks for listen and watch. Your opinions and criticisms could open a thread for technical and stylistic discussion.   

VIDEO DEMO - Nylon Real Acoustic Collection 

LiveSet#     Name                 Video time
01              Nylon Concert     00:41 ~ 01:00
11              MinaSambinha    01:01 ~ 01:38
04              NylonRockPoP     01:39 ~ 02:00
03              Nylon World        02:01 ~ 02:15
04              NylonRockPoP     02:17 ~ 02:41

NyRaC - The Nylon Real Acoustic Collection

NyRaC consists of a LiveSet (BOSS TONE STUDIO) of 20+ patches for the Boss GP-10,  focused on acoustic and electro-acoustic
guitar, looking to achieve realistic COSM nylon guitar tones for classic, flamenco, Latin rock pop, smooth jazz, Brazilian and similar styles.
While NyRAC is not intended to replace a finely built nylon instrument  (I think isn't probable for now at least) I believe the  results are acceptable to ensure an enjoyable  VG experience .
NyRaC is mostly based on extreme subtractive EQ/tone techniques and interaction, sometimes hard to control, between those GP-10 edit modules  and its parameters.

NOTE: many presets of this collection, use CTL1/2 EXPsw/ON and up to 6 simultaneous assign for special and important enhancements and functions,  please explore each preset carefully. I will try in my spare time for a description of each control, however in the video demo there are some examples.

The secret to get the real nylon tone, from the COSM nylon model lies in the simultaneous/linked use of the two equalizers available in GP-10, along with the interaction with AMP tone controls  and COSM AMP parameters such as Body, Tone and Attack. Unfortunately the second EQ is activated in FX, so the other effects of this module are not available, but apart from some occasional compression, who needs a Metal Zone, Rotary or UNI-V on a Ramirez Spanish guitar ;~))

THANKS VGF!  this is devoted to you!

Please, if you download the library I would love to know your opinion or comment, even your music and recordings using  NyRAC. Is very important to me as a developer to know their strengths and flaws, and working on possible improvements and releases.

****------ NyRAC library was created firstly with the aim of sharing in vguitarforum, the most amazing VG (and many more) site! without any supporting, affiliation or retribution with/from any brand or company , therefore it represent a considerable investment of time and work.  I really hope you find it useful and enjoyable. Any kindly help or support would be appreciated, likewise supporting the forum will help to hold the ship in flight. Thanks ------****

More demos:
GP-10 NyRAC NylonConcert-NylonSouth. GR-55: strings. AUDIO DEMO

Autana

Quote from: Smash on April 24, 2016, 12:22:55 PM
I've ported 6 of Autana's incredible GP10 Nylon patches over to VG99.

All controls and EXPs have been duplicated. there was however one amendment I had to make - the VG99 does not have an the adjustable T Comp in the the amp emulation so I've used the Advanced Compressor Light preset after the amp and backed off the compression a tad.

EXP1 generally adjusts either reverb time or effect level - EXP1 Footswitch generally resets the patch to original settings so this is teh first thing you should do after loading a patch.

They sound 99% identical to the GP10 demos posted by Autana - I may post a demo if I et time but it's a painful process doing this!

Oh, and I've only done 6 - all the ones demo'd in the video.

I wish I could take credit for these but Autana has done an amazing job with these patches - top man.

Congratulations Smash! I don't own one myself (I wish it badly!) but from I know VG-99 is a incredible gear which require experience, imagination and dedication to get the best results. I guess cloning of my colecction NyRAC was not a piece of cake, so has merit and you deserve it.
Thanks for your words, I really look forward to hearing a audio demo. BTW I also have available some original audio files of NyRAC demo video, as separate strings recordings, since I recorded in my DAW with USB driver GP-10 RE-AMP as  designing helping and are available for cloning/education purposes. Of course this requires some RE-GUITAR / AMP cable or break box 13 pin in order  to use with VG-99 or GR-55.
GR-55, GP-10, GI-20, Godin xtSA, GodinNylon MultiAc, Giannini classical, 3 GK-3'd gtrs, Cube 80XL, Primova GKFX-21 (x2)

Fear just pulls you out of being true to music, which is coming from a place of love. Love is the opposite of fear. I stay away from anything fear-related.
- Tal Wilkenfeld -

Smash

Concert, Flamenco and Pop patches were not right so I have replaced - I had the amp settings wrong!

Apologies please redownload

Breno

Smash always surprising us with their patches !!! Congratulations!
Fender Stratocaster, Ibanez AS200, VG-99, GR-55, FC-300 e US-20.

Smash

These patches are by Autuna not me! I just ported them to VG99

Demo of - in order - Nylon Concert, Nylon Pop and Flamenco

https://soundcloud.com/smashmashups/real-nylon-collection-vg99-concert-pop-and-flamenco?in=smashmashups/sets/vg99-patches

Autana

Great job!  thanks Smash, patches sounding very very similar to NyRAC GP-10, which led to conclude the nylon in both devices are basically the same, except the nylon bug in VG-99, which honestly I can't perceive in your demos. Nice playing btw, you are a fine guitar player. 
GR-55, GP-10, GI-20, Godin xtSA, GodinNylon MultiAc, Giannini classical, 3 GK-3'd gtrs, Cube 80XL, Primova GKFX-21 (x2)

Fear just pulls you out of being true to music, which is coming from a place of love. Love is the opposite of fear. I stay away from anything fear-related.
- Tal Wilkenfeld -

Smash

Thanks man - this kind of playing is so far out of my comfort zone I had to put my watch forward 4 hours, lol!

Thank you for the superb patches. Having copied them all in it's amazing how such small difference can make a big difference to sound.

I think I put too much compression on the concert patch - the VG99 doesn't have a compression option in the amp module

whippinpost91850

Great job Smash :)

aliensporebomb

Awesomely nice! 
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

Breno

Because of this Patch the VG-99's forum returned to active !!! congratulations Smash and Autana!!!! ;)
Fender Stratocaster, Ibanez AS200, VG-99, GR-55, FC-300 e US-20.