Moving to a new computer

Started by Kenmac, April 29, 2016, 09:29:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenmac

The good news, I've got a new computer! The bad news, uninstalling, reinstalling and deleting files.  >:( That's the main reason why some of my posts here have probably seemed a little bit "off". I probably should take a break from this but I'm the type of person who once I start a project, has to finish it. Anyway, my new computer is an HP Envy desktop with the following specs:

6th generation Intel Core i5-6400 processor
12GB DDR3L-1600 SDRAM
2 TB hard drive at 7200 RPMs
Ultra Slim Tray SuperMulti DVD Burner
Windows 10 Home 64 bit
4 gig NVIDIA GeForce GTX 745 graphics card
Bang & Olufsen; High Definition Audio with up to 5.1 surround sound
capabilities
USB Ports: Top: 2 x USB 3.0; 2 x USB 2.0; Rear: 2 x USB 2.0; 2 x USB 3.0
Integrated WIFI: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac and integrated Bluetooth
HP 7-in-1 Media Card Reader-Supports SD; SDHC; SDXC; Memory Stick; Memory
Stick Select; Memory Stick PRO; Memory Stick MagicGate.

I could have bought a computer with an I7 processor but opted not to as I already have an I7 Samsung notebook which is my music dedicated computer and I also figured I wanted something fairly powerful but that can still be used for web surfing, e-mail, etc. I'll continue working on it today and tomorrow but on Sunday I'm taking a break. I've had my old computer for six years and it was starting to show its age. It's amazing how much "digital debris" you can accumulate over the course of six years. I've cleared up well over 50 gigs of files and programs and I'll be selling the old computer to a friend who's always had an interest in it. Just to reiterate, as I'm sure everybody here knows, getting a new computer can be both great and a pain at the same time.  :)
"Let them brush your rock and roll hair."