GR-55 Bass - 3 Beat n Groove patches

Started by mapperboy, October 31, 2012, 10:43:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mapperboy

Hi GR-55 Bass Players!
New to this game but havin' a blast configuring and learning this machine.
I wanted to try some of the Groove n' Beat PCM sounds using the Hold function to loop them as set the higher bass strings to a PCM sound to solo with.
I took three Guitar Mode patches (in User Style, Trancy Riff BPM, Motion Builder and Ultraslow Groove) which were based on 'Beat n Groove' PCM sounds and tweaked them heavily for my Godin 5 string fretless SA (with RMC Hex pickups) Bass.

Trancy Funk Grov is set for some wicked but touch controllable distortion using PCM2 #713 (Trance Synth) on the treble strings with Vintage JB as the Model.
Funk Beat Prov uses a different PCM1 Beat n' Groove sound (#838) and a #103 Clav 1 for PCM2 with Vintage JB as the Model.
GroovePushJaws? uses #831 Compusonic 3 for the Beat on PCM1 and #367 Orchestra for PCM2 along with Vintage JB again for the Model.  Playing a simple solo sequence over this kinda reminded me of the 'ominous doom' track from Jaws.

All three have low B and low E strings set to trigger the Beat PCM1 sound and the CTL pedal Assigned to Hold-Latch mode so that pressing CTL on lets the beat continue.
As I have set these patches up for 5 strings but you have a 4 string instrument and have set up your GK settings for 4 strings you will probably want to go into Edit for each of the PCM sounds and turn on or off the appropriate string numbers.

These were just experiments to start me learning how the GR-55 structure and hierarchy and functions work together so good luck with your experiments as well.
Hope you find these patches interesting at least.
"No such thing as spare time.
No such thing as free time.
No such thing as down time.
All you got is life time. Go!"
- Henry Rollins

sloopdawg

Any sound samples? I don't have a Bass specifically for the 55 but this sounds like it would be cool.
Thanks

Skysearcher

These patches are awesome!! do you have more of them?

mapperboy

Thanks guys,
I'll get some sound samples out soon, having a bit of a computer moment today.
"No such thing as spare time.
No such thing as free time.
No such thing as down time.
All you got is life time. Go!"
- Henry Rollins