GK-3 - HELP: My Problem is the bad GK3.

Started by Mabon, July 11, 2011, 10:19:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mabon

.... first; Thank you for reading. I will try my best. My Problem is the bad GK3. I can do what i want, i am not satisfied. (To long to explain). So i found in the internet Ghost and RMC pieco replacements. Will this work better than the magnetic GK3?

So help me pleace

Thanks from good old germany (near of France or Poland)

Boris

Elantric

What is the processor you want to drive ? (VG-99, VG-8, VG-88, GR-20, GR-55 ???

Piezo pickups are fine, but may present problems with Roland's latest processors.

Most Piezo pickup users are discovering they must order a input sub-harmonic frequency filter board from RMC pickups for their VG-99 or GR-55. This is required to tame un-wanted rumble and handling noises which occur on some patches ( like the GR-300 COSM model) when  you rest your palm on the piezo Bridge. 

On the older VG-8 and VG-88, RMC has issued Modification instructions on how to change some internal front end filter capacitors and resistor values on the internal PC board to accomplish this same "sub-sonic" input filter. Contact RMC to find those instructions.

But with the 2007 era VG-99, and 2011 GR-55, Roland decided to change the design of the internal pre A/D input filter - removing the circuitry that RMC used to "mod" to accomplish the input filter.

As a result - a separate RMC Input Filter board can be ordered for the VG-99 or GR-55.

They also make versions specifically for piezo pickup Bass players who use the VB-99 or GR-55.

Myself, having tried all the various types of hex GK pickups, my favorite is the Yamaha G1D.