GR-55- Multiple assigns of SAME parameter??

Started by RRhodes, October 04, 2014, 10:25:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RRhodes

Not sure if I am doing something wrong, but it seems that if I use an assign to control , say 'Amp type gain', then I cannot use another assign to modify it again?  I am trying to get the exp pedal to change guitar settings and then allow for amp gain changes within certain ranges of pedal travel. 

Is there a solution to this?

thx
Gr-55 with GK 3 on Ibanez Artcore
JBL Pro series 4341 studio monitors
Behringer B112D's for live stuff

gumtown

controlling the same parameter from many sources will always have problems with conflict.
from my recollection the order of processing controller events starts from Assign 8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1, patch Pedal/GK functions, System Pedal/GK functions.
Problems occur when the same control source is used on more than one assign to control the same parameter, and some overlap occurs.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

Mrchevy

If you can specifically list ALL things you want to be able to change in the patch, we might be able to find a way to do it.

What changes do you want to make for the guitar

what changes on the gain.

There may be alternatives with the various CTL features.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Epi Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG 50's prototype
Squire classic vibe 60's
Epi LP Modern
Epi SG Custom
Martin acoustic

Princeton chorus 210

GT100
GR-55
Helix LT
Waza Air Headphones
Boomerang III

And, a lot of stuff I DON'T need

RRhodes

Thanks for the response!

I am a bit limited and reluctant to use the CTL pedal for anything at the moment, until I decide on which looper to get.

I will continue to work on things until I get totally stuck. It's a good learning experience, but I think that I might be asking the assigns to do too much....more after I dig into things a bit deeper.

I have a patch the uses the exp pedal to switch from normal pu's to sax and then to a horn section. It worked fine all day, but tonite I played live and the pedal was giving me problems.

If I kept my foot on it and moved it ever so slightly, the tone would shut off for a moment??? even tho the pedal position was well away from any transition points?? Wierd

So I have a few issues and need to back thru things to see what I messed up before continuing to cry for help

thx

Gr-55 with GK 3 on Ibanez Artcore
JBL Pro series 4341 studio monitors
Behringer B112D's for live stuff