Anyone selling GK humbucker brackets?

Started by Derpenstein, July 25, 2015, 04:34:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Derpenstein

I have an LTD guitar with a Floyd rose trem, and there's no space to put the GK-3 pickup without cutting a piece of the stock bracket out. I've considered the following options:

1: Turn my bracket-mounted humbucker into a direct-mount one, but I don't have a power drill and frankly I don't wanna but one to only use one time. x

2: Make a cutout in the stock bracket to fit it, but that would make the bracket unstable. x

3: Buy a Graph Tech floyd and wire the pickup internally, but there's several issues with that - the biggest two being my guitar has a carved top (making such a modification hellish) and that they don't come in Black Nickel - I still want my hardware to match. x

Finally, I've considered buying a humbucker bracket with a space to install the pickup built in, but I don't know anybody who makes one. Do you guys know of any person making custom brackets like that? Any help would be greatly appreciated.  :)

aliensporebomb

You might find out if any friends have a power drill you can borrow for a few hours.

This is what I ended up doing:  I ended up mounting my GK3 to a guitar with direct mount pickups and no rings and bypassed that problem.  However, if you really like your guitar there were vendors on ebay who were selling replacement treble pickup rings with space for a GK3 to mount.

My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.