FTP: TriplePlay - PART 1: INSTRUMENT NOT FOUND - Sampletank

Started by jvguitar, November 12, 2013, 11:30:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jvguitar

I thought this information would be helpful in case you are having the same problem I did. I've installed FTP following the instructions from the manual. Nevertheless, when I tried to listen to some of the patches, I got the "INSTRUMENT NOT FOUND" error message. For some reason Sampletank was not pointing to the right instrument folder. Here are the steps I've follow to fix it with some help from Google:

My OS is Windows 7 (32 bit)

Open Sampletank from within FTP and click the PREFS button.

The Preferences window will open. Click the Browse button.

In the Browse For Folder window, navigate to:

C:\Program Files\IK Multimedia\Instruments\SampleTank 2 XT Sounds

Select the folder and click OK to exit.

After restarting FTP, I was able to access the missing patches. I hope this helps.

FreeTime

I also found that until you actually install the FTP program not all the patches are available in sampletank.

jgsb2001

Excellent post and help, jvguitar.

For Mac users (like myself), the files should be in HD->Library->Application Support->IK Multimedia->Instruments->SampleTank 2 Sounds (or SampleTank 2 XT Sounds)

Thank you again.
Computer: iMac 2010 OSx10.6.8 4GB RAM 2.4 Intel Core 2 Duo
Laptop: MacBookPro 2012 OSx10.9 Maverick 8GB RAM
Software: Pro Tools LE 8, GarageBand 11, Fishman Triple Play
Interface: Digidesign Mbox 2 Mini

superawesomegreat

Thanks to the OP.  I just switched to a Windows 8 machine and needed this info.  For those running 64 bit versions of windows the path is the same except you want the x86 Program Files folder, though I never had this problem on my old machine (Win 7 64bit).

HCarlH

I'm a new owner of the FTP (not giving up my GR-55 yet, just augmenting my gear).

I have installed and updated every possible piece of free software included in the kit including the sounds (I actually downloaded the most recent version from the respective websites). I installed the TP software last as instructed.  I have also followed the instructions by the OP.

There are still MANY of the presets popping up with the Part x: Instrument Not Found popups.
Has anybody gotten ALL of the presets to work with the provided software? (Not upgrading)

I am using the 32 bit version of Tripleplay
My computer is an i5 PC, 16GB RAM, Windows 10 (64 bit version)
GR-55 (or) Fishman TP + Kemper Profiling Rack -->> 
QSC K10 -->> FOH
Fender Squier Stratocaster Bullet (w/GK3), Ibanez AM93 (w/FTP pickup),  Stratocaster (w/FTP pickup)

Telecaster, Charvel SoCal ProMod, Gibson Les Paul, PV Wolfgang,

shawnb

Quote from: hcarlh on January 07, 2016, 07:19:27 PM
Has anybody gotten ALL of the presets to work with the provided software?

Yes.   I haven't tried in a while though since I'm all 64-bit now. 

I suspect that one of the folders is in a location it's not expecting, possibly from updating/using more recent versions of the software.  So the challenge is finding where to update the library location. 

Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp