Hi from (South) New Jersey

Started by jcifuentes, July 30, 2014, 08:30:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcifuentes

From South Jersey,Hi all!!
I'm new to the forum and I have been rather busy tweaking my newly acquired GR-55. I'm involved in several projects including a recently formed power rock trio that just needs some keyboard sounds, I guess that's me! I have a GK-3 system, but recently bought a used Mexican GK ready Strat that's making wiring so much easier and safe. Being a performance player, and clumsy at that, I'm often worrying about breaking these rather flimsy wires/chords that come with the GR.. I've downloaded some very useful patches and I'll be uploading some new ones myself. I play many styles, like versatility, and this toy, certainly opens up a realm of possibilities.
I had the original GR-500 that my wife bought as a Bday present many moons ago. Tracking issues were abound then.Now I have played with a gr-33 connected to with a GT-10, very cool combo, just takes too much space! Trying to consolidate with some compromise in mind to the gr-55, which so far has been gratifying.
My present live gear:
Fender GK ready strat=> GR-55=> Traynor k-4 tube stereo amp=>(guitar out of the GR goes to a Helicon-Harmony G vocalist-great asset when having only 2 singers=> vocal input of the board )=> 16.02 Studiolive mixing board. PA wise, I have a Bose 802III system with 2 subs (Mackie and JBL). I hook up a a firewire laptop to the studiolive for 16 channel live recording, very cool as well)

Best,
J

papabuss

FENDER STRATOCASTER (1974); BRIAN MAY RED SPECIAL; VG 99; GR 55; Yamaha DX 7

Music was my first love and it will be my last (JOHN MILES)