Jim from Western New York

Started by Jimm, June 11, 2014, 05:01:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimm

Hello everyone,
I was happy to find such an active forum after helping my son Paul add some of this amazing equipment to his sound chain. Actually this collection of hardware will help define his sound once we're a little farther into the learning curve.
Just purchased...
GK-3 pickup
FC-300
VG-99
To be used with a Strat, Les Paul, Schecter and Taylor guitars.  My first impression was that it was a little tedious to install the pickup onto the LesPaul as the saddle adjustment screws left no room for the GK-3. I had to turn the bridge around and reset all the saddles. Also, we learned about the factory presets leaving the guitars pickups set at 0.
The VG-99 was ordered used so we're relying on a PDF of the manual for now. My son Paul used his Peavey's looper extensively so a separate looper may be next on his wish list. We will hook up a macbook next and I thought there would be an easy way to use that as a looper but after reading experiences on the forum I'm not sure it makes sense to use the computer for looping at this time. The learning curve on the VG-99 looks like it will keep us busy enough.
Good Day.
Jim

Brent Flash

aliensporebomb

Welcome!  I use a looper extensively too with my VG-99.  I started with my Electro-Harmonix Stereo Memory Man with Hazarai and upgraded to Boss RC-300:

My most recent gig:
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

Elantric

What are those white 2.1 Speakers you are using ?