Hello fello Gentlemen Loopers'

Started by calkutta, April 03, 2014, 09:55:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

calkutta

Hello,
My name is J.P,I am disabled from M.S and use an RC 300 with my Turntable,computer,and Traktor software as well as Live and Acid as my DAW cuz Ive had it so long and I just know it well....anyway,I was in the Hospitol for a while and now im back...and other Turntable loopers out there please feel free to contact me here,or better at calkutta@gmail.com   here is my soundcloud as well- https://soundcloud.com/afreeagent

also a video i did with my music,im slowly teaching myself video editing but thats super complex especially since im all alone...here is the video,please watch and all feed back would be great,both good and bad...trust me,i got a very nasty type of M.S called Marburg,not the friendly Mr Rogers M.S....its terminal so i can handle and beg for honest critiques...all the music on my soundcloud is all turntable,computer and looper...I wouldnt be able to do half the sh** I do without my RC 300,but I dont 'know it' as well as I would like...so I am here to learn from you if that is ok.here is the video...
i am Free Agent aka Calkutta aka JKUTTA aka calkutta jackson,lol
gear is:a SONY VAIO with 8 gigs of RAM and a TerraByte of hard-drive...a great machine since my last... Abelton,Traktor,Acid,Cool Edit Pro
M-Audio Axiom 25,one Vestax PDX 3000 MIDI turntable,1 Vestax QFO 'look it up,its a turntable for just skratching so its like an instrument onto itself,very rare and when u live on disability,it took me a minute to obtain,but i can hold it on my lap on my wheelchair and make crazy sounds,it has a unique pitch control,and use my feet on the RC 300-
I am by no means the best nor wanna be...Music just  makes me feel happy and a bit more OK....I hope to learn lots from you all and please contact me for collab projects,I have done some free agent/lance work for Nike,Adidas,GQ magazine,watch this commercial to the end and check out the credits-calkutta jackson is me,wait,i said that,my MS comes with a unique memory problem so i gotta write everything down,or I forget in minutes,not long term,jus new thing....anyway,the GQ commercial.that was a great gig i got thru soundcloud,so yes,it works,just takes a minute,and i bought a lot of my gear with that jingle.I love and respect all living things,so if you are rude or just a plain ass****.,no offense,but just do you and i'll do me...to the rest of the artist who wanna help each other learn and extrapolate the potential of this looper and or whatever you use,im interested...the weirder,the stranger,the better....lets do this..JP-Free Agent-aka J-Kutta-aka calkutta jackson
sonic collage artist
Turntables-
Samplers-
Computers/Software-
RC-300-and me.

mbenigni

Wow.  I love the music and the video.  Classy stuff.

I don't know what to say with regard to the M.S. except that I wish you the very best.

sean_b

dude, not my kinda music, thou i didnt switch it off  :) liked it, you clearly got a talent for that kinda music.
i love my rc300, mind you my wife doesnt really care for it, i get into it and then i am lost for many hours. great fun

aliensporebomb

I dig this - it's like a slightly downtempo Cypher7 and I love that sound - a little more commercial/urban sounding maybe. 

Nicely done video too.  I can easily see why you'd be hired for ads and/or classy jingles - it's cool.

Welcome to the forum and here's hoping your health stays good as long as possible.  MS is no fun.

My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

mtn2top

Quote from: sean_b on April 03, 2014, 12:45:56 PM
dude, not my kinda music, thou i didnt switch it off  :) liked it, you clearly got a talent for that kinda music.
i love my rc300, mind you my wife doesnt really care for it, i get into it and then i am lost for many hours. great fun

A GR-55 and a RC-300 has accounting for many hours of sheer musical enjoyment for me as well.  My wife is a singer that likes to stick to a known arrangement or the sheet music.  Looping and performing with me absolutely drives her nuts!

OP, glad to hear you are out of the hospital and cranking out the tunes.  You sound very experienced in integrating many different elements into looping.  Props to you.

calkutta

hey fella's,
spent a few months in the awesome no music making hospital.,but im back for a minute.glad to be back in my home studio and ready for the fun...hey,has anyone tried or used the new RC 505,i think thats it,its not a foot looper,but from all the mags i read,it sounds as if that they fixed many problems,and,5 phrases...sounds pretty cool.lemme know-thanks for all the compliments and kind words,but,I think your guys's stuff is better than mine,....real talk.-Free Agent
sonic collage artist
Turntables-
Samplers-
Computers/Software-
RC-300-and me.