Vg8ex with win10

Started by Animal, July 17, 2016, 12:56:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Animal

Hello, I have just bought a vg8ex after reading these boards. I have a gr55 and it is great but I spend too much time listening to the sounds and not actually playing. After joining this forum and downloading the v library software the only old computer with Windows xp on it is my xps m1710 which has intermittent problems. Anyway I plugged it in and got everything working and just as I was getting into the patches the computer went off again. I decided, although I couldn't find anything about it, to try my win10 laptop and surprisingly it works fine. I just thought I would post this in case anyone else is interested to know it works.

Elantric

Thanks for posting your success story with using Windows 10 to run the old VG-8 VLibrary app

chrish

I was thinking about buying another one of those. I figure if i get one used for 100 dollars i could bring the average price that i paid for the two units down to $500. ;-) anyhow, thanks for posting this as i didn't know there was a v-library for the vg-8. I always just used midiox for file transfer and that program gets updated every now and then. So i'm curious, did you run through and change the 13 pages of default settings to keep windows 10 out of your business? I was thinking about doing the upgrade until i ran across elantric's thread about the windows 10 default spyware settings.

Animal

I didn't do anything except run v library as administrator I was really surprised how easy it was :)

admin

Quotei didn't know there was a v-library
It pays to read the

VG-8 FAQ
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=11090.0

chrish

Quote from: admsustainiac on July 17, 2016, 03:42:29 PM
It pays to read the

VG-8 FAQ
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=11090.0
In that section it says the original steet price was 2 grand. Now they can be had for as little 100 bucks. Wow. I came close to buying one on ebay a couple of weeks ago that included an ev-5 and that   roland case, with shipping all for $250.