Hi From Ohio.

Started by HecticArt, April 18, 2015, 02:17:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HecticArt

I've been browsing VGuitar for a while now. I'd been stalking the GR 55 since December, and finally had my local guitar shop order one for me about 6 weeks ago. It's so amazingly cool!

I taught myself Yellow Submarine on my dads old acoustic guitar Close to 40 years ago.
Bought my first Stratocaster in 1984. First Boss drum machine in 86. Got into Midi with Dr. T's KCS Omega and an Atari computer almost immediately after that. I still use the Kawai synth today. For as great as that setup was, I still get geeked for new gadgets, and ways to explore the sonic possibilities.
I'm a big fan of 80's production quality, and I think it's what gotten me into a lot of the electronic music that's going on today. As a guitar player, I'm seeing so much potential in the 55 and some of the other equipment out there, for people that want to play the music, not just play along with it.

This forum is fantastic! No matter how much I read, it just keeps on going! My learning curve would be a pretty flat line if it weren't for all of the brilliant contributors here. I thank you in advance, and am looking forward to pitching in as I learn my way around a bit more.

Elantric

Welcome to the forum!
QuoteGot into Midi with Dr. T's KCS

me too -  Dr. T's KCS changed my life
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=82.0

Enjoy your GR-55 !

HecticArt

Wowzers! What a bio! It's great to see the dedication and passion for so many aspects of music.

Thanks for the welcome and all of the work you've put into this site. 

Vade

Welcome HecticArt! Nice to see someone else from Ohio climbing the same mountain. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.
Drachen; Fender FTP Strat w/internal GK-3, Godin xtSA w/FTP, Boss GP-10, VoiceLive 3, Scarlett 18i8, ZBox IQ01, On-Lap 1502i, D:fine 4088, 4E Dual Axis Exp Pedal, VoiceSolo FX-150, Yamaha DXR 10, Gem. M2 Flute, Special 20 Harmonicas. Fender Deluxe Reverb Mahogany Cane.

https://soundcloud.com/vadie

vxboogie

Welcome from another Ohioan!