Antares Auto-Tune for Universal Audio Apollo

Started by scratch17, January 23, 2015, 07:38:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scratch17

Antares Auto-Tune Live Plug-In -- $249

Realtime pitch correction and manipulation with iconic Auto-Tune effect
    Incredibly low latency for instant response, onstage or in the studio

Saw this in NAMM press release about new features on the Apollo Expanded platform.
Hamer Duotone, Brian Moore i213, Taylor 710 BCE 

VG-99, FC-300, RMC Fanout
RJM Mastermind GT10
Kemper Profiling Amp
Radial JDV Mk3, X-Amp
Mesa Recto Pre + 20/20
68 Fender Bandmaster (AB763)
Marshal AS80R

UA Apollo X6, Twin X, Logic Pro, Luna, Melodyne Studio

fokof

Yep and the distortion for Unison preamps  ;D

I use my Apollo quad everyday at work, inserted in the M7CL.
Access to mega quality reverbs , channel strips and all their fun stuff.

Best audio equipement I bought so far as far as usefullness goes for my needs.

vanceg

How are you routing audio in and out of the Apollo?  Are you just using standard analog I/O from the M7CL?  Are you finding the latency low enough to actually INSERT EQ and Compression into individual channels or are you just using time-based effects like delays and reverbs (which have less critical latency requirements?)

Quote from: fokof on February 08, 2015, 07:03:51 AM
Yep and the distortion for Unison preamps  ;D

I use my Apollo quad everyday at work, inserted in the M7CL.
Access to mega quality reverbs , channel strips and all their fun stuff.

Best audio equipement I bought so far as far as usefullness goes for my needs.

fokof

I pass through ADAT for 4 to 8 channels of inserts wich I assign to whatever

I use the 4 preamps  for Main Vox or grand piano.
I return these with ADAT or analog depending on the patch , more often I return these through ADAT so I use the D/A of the Apollo and there will be less latency. If I use say 3 preamps , I'll have 5 channels left for inserts.

I use Analogs I/O for reverbs, and FX

I also use the SPDIF In as the main bus L/R (with the AES/EBU out of the M7CL) as the main D/A-processor.

Gives the Yammy a big Humpf
(I also use a BigBen to clock both wich helps a lot)

Yes the latency is low enough.
My only complain is that there is still no Multi band comp.

vanceg

I see.  Interesting.  I'm considering the CL series for my next set of tours mainly due to it's ability to use the Yamaha expansion cards.  I was considering either MADI or ADAT for interfacing with the UAD.  I won't be using the UAD's analog I/O as all of my signal will be coming over a digital snake from stage so A/D is done there. 

No multiband compressor:  What about the UAD Precision Multiband?  I use that with very good results in the studio. 

Quote from: fokof on February 08, 2015, 09:14:22 PM
I pass through ADAT for 4 to 8 channels of inserts wich I assign to whatever

I use the 4 preamps  for Main Vox or grand piano.
I return these with ADAT or analog depending on the patch , more often I return these through ADAT so I use the D/A of the Apollo and there will be less latency. If I use say 3 preamps , I'll have 5 channels left for inserts.

I use Analogs I/O for reverbs, and FX

I also use the SPDIF In as the main bus L/R (with the AES/EBU out of the M7CL) as the main D/A-processor.

Gives the Yammy a big Humpf
(I also use a BigBen to clock both wich helps a lot)

Yes the latency is low enough.
My only complain is that there is still no Multi band comp.

fokof

Quote from: vanceg on February 09, 2015, 06:17:04 PM
No multiband compressor:  What about the UAD Precision Multiband?  I use that with very good results in the studio.
Here too I use the Multi band with great results in the DAW but guess what : It's the only plugin that has latency in the Apollo platform.......  :(                             It must use a lot of CPU power.
Shame.
Can't wait for a turnaround or a lightweight version.

Yamaha setup is so flexible , can't go wrong.
The newer CL are a big step up from the M7CL sound wise and feature wise.

vanceg

Quote from: fokof on February 10, 2015, 12:57:15 PM
Here too I use the Multi band with great results in the DAW but guess what : It's the only plugin that has latency in the Apollo platform.......  :(                             It must use a lot of CPU power.
Shame.
Can't wait for a turnaround or a lightweight version.

Yamaha setup is so flexible , can't go wrong.
The newer CL are a big step up from the M7CL sound wise and feature wise.

Yeah, I don't use the LS or M7CL.... The UI drives me bonkers and the sound quality isn't there.  I do really, really like the UI on the CL series though.  Actually, I think it's the best in the digital mixer market.  I wish I could use the Midas Pro series because they sound so good, but the UI and self imposed functionality limitations (pretending to be an analog board) piss me off too much.  I cut my nose off to spite my face, perhaps, but I just cant use em.  And I can deal well with even Digico boards ;-)