Chord Display

Started by neophytte, June 26, 2012, 04:01:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

neophytte

I think this is the right place to put this ... I've been working off and on for the last couple of months on this chord generator program which I've put here:

http://neophytte.mine.nu/chord/

Please let me know any feedback ....

Cheers

Richard

Pin

Thanks for that. I'll have a full scale look later but seems to work although it didn't give the shape I was expecting for C13 (third E on the second fret). But as I said, I have only had a cursory look. However, I don't know whether it is my machine but why does everything disappear for a moment when it is working things out?

kenact

I started going through the A structures and when I got to 7b5#9, I decided to click Example. It brought up your page, but in the middle I saw the following:

The page was not found (404),
this is a surprise!!
please use this search
to find what you seek:
Godin Session & Montreal FTP, LGXT, LGX SA, Redline, ACS, A12, A11, A10, A4
Danoblaster Baritone w/GK-3
Gretsch Nashville, Viking
Fender Strats
Fret King Supermatic
Larrivee DV03RE
Parker Midi Fly
Seagull, S&P 12
VOX Phantom XII
GR-55, 33, 30, 20, GI-20, RC-50, US-20, VG-99, VP-7
Sentient 6
Cyr 7

neophytte

Quote from: Pin on June 26, 2012, 01:25:30 PM
it didn't give the shape I was expecting for C13 (third E on the second fret) ... but why does everything disappear for a moment when it is working things out?

Hmm, yes, shapes above the 1st octave (ie 9ths, 13ths) seem to be miscalculating the fingering, I'll have to have a deeper look at that - thanks for pointing it out, as I'm not a big user of these chords ...

Quote from: kenact on June 26, 2012, 03:10:08 PM
The page was not found (404),

Ahh, thanks for that - I forgot to add the example in ...  ::)

Cheers for the feedback so far, looks like more work to be done ..

Richard

tekrytor

Looks good to me. I would like to see citern and new standard tuning, aka NST, added to the list of tunings.

Also, +/-  buttons would be nice for raising or lowering the tuning of all six strings.

I play mandolin, so of course I would be happy if it did mandolin and uke tunings too. But you can always tune for that and drop two strings.

I hope that helps. Thanks for programming!
SY-300/BeatBuddy/VoiceLive 3/GR-55(v1.50)/33/1/50/700/VGA-7/V-Bass, Yam-G10, GPK-4, DIY X-Bee HighlyLiquidCPU "Cozy-Lil-Footie", FCB-1010, other MIDI stuff, Godin Freeway SA and various other GK equipped controllers, Sonar X1, Audacity, KXstudio, Misc devices

neophytte

Thanks for that.

Added example page, citern and NST and a 'To do' for different stringed instruments ... :)

Cheers

Richard

tekrytor

Wow! That was quick. Thank you Richard, looks great too.

BTW, I noticed a typo in your notes:
?...so get a feel for some of the more exotic chords?

I think "so" should be "to".
SY-300/BeatBuddy/VoiceLive 3/GR-55(v1.50)/33/1/50/700/VGA-7/V-Bass, Yam-G10, GPK-4, DIY X-Bee HighlyLiquidCPU "Cozy-Lil-Footie", FCB-1010, other MIDI stuff, Godin Freeway SA and various other GK equipped controllers, Sonar X1, Audacity, KXstudio, Misc devices

neophytte

No probs - I picked up that suggestion from a friends email, so it probably is wrong ;)

Cheers

Richard

neophytte

Updated to display different stringed instruments, from 3 to 12 strings ...

Cheers

Richard

tekrytor

4 and 5 string Banjos? Oud? Yippie!

neophytte

tekrytor

Wow! Look at all those instruments that I do NOT have in my collection. Yikes!
Nice link, Richard. Thanks again for the Chords page and now for the link.

gumbo

Obviously FAR too much free time there, Richard.... ::)

...well done!!!    ;D

..and +1 for all that!
Read slower!!!   ....I'm typing as fast as I can...

neophytte

Elantric