What about a big Worldwide Member Party?

Started by papabuss, July 14, 2012, 02:10:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brent Flash

Yes, Avila Beach, CA 93424, sorry for the typo.

Brent Flash

You got any big surf festival coming up to plan this Worldwide Member Party?

Elantric

bbob

Quote from: Elantric on July 14, 2012, 02:29:59 PM
Fly to John Wayne Airport in Orange County, California
http://www.ocair.com/

John Wayne (SNA) is the nearest airport to Anaheim and is very convenient but usually lower fares and more frequent and more direct or non-stop flights are to LAX. Also, LAX has longer lines and traffic but is only 34 miles away.   

Bob

gumbo

...or even Australia, where it's not as cold as New Zealand and you don't have to clear the sheep off the stage before you play.. ;D

...besides, our animals are smart enough to just download their own games and stay out of the way...

Read slower!!!   ....I'm typing as fast as I can...

papabuss

Thx for all your good (well-meant) replies ;)
Munich's Octoberfest..hey that's a good idea, too! THX for the suggestion!
FENDER STRATOCASTER (1974); BRIAN MAY RED SPECIAL; VG 99; GR 55; Yamaha DX 7

Music was my first love and it will be my last (JOHN MILES)

shawnb

I like the NAMM idea.
Also the "Occupy Roland" idea!
I bet I can swing it in January...
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

whippinpost91850

Me too. I haven't been there in 15 years. Occuping Roland could be good.

shawnb

Is NAMM really for exhibitors / music product companies only?
How would the rest of us get in - is there a 'music junkie floor only' pass?
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

vanceg

I like the idea of Occupy Roland Booth - We stay until the VG-100 is announced.... or our grandchildren go to college...whichever comes first.

gumbo

Quote from: vanceg on July 17, 2012, 09:56:15 PM
I like the idea of Occupy Roland Booth - We stay until the VG-100 is announced.... or our grandchildren go to college...whichever comes first.

...good one...     ...consider me there in spirit.. ;)
Read slower!!!   ....I'm typing as fast as I can...

aliensporebomb

Or at least to get v1.05 of VG-99 software!

My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

MCK

Come on guys... Get with the program. See the capital V in the site logo...  ;D ;D ;D

Rather than trying for years to meet in person lets put the V into the meeting and do this using one of many web based possibilities of our age. For starters, how about starting an open-mike over Skype on a certain day of the month. Runs for 24 hours to cover participants from all time zones. Whoever wishes to join just dials in. We can work out the logistics. Just a thought.

Elantric

testing - one  - two  -three . . .
I admit I'm still a complete Skype newbie.

I need to actually get going with Skype soon - I joined years ago, even paid for 2011, but sadly nobody wants to talk to me using that medium.

PM me if you want to reach me via skype.

Behind the scenes I have been trying to develop a monthly Podcast, but seems just posting a well crafted Youtube video might be more effective, but I'm addicted to Internet Radio, and feel the time is right for a High tech Guitar Podcast / internet radio show - - anyone want to help?

papabuss

Good idea Elantric, let's try Skype. Much cheaper than a meeting at Octoberfest in Munich. :)

whippinpost91850

Quote from: papabuss on March 28, 2013, 01:02:31 PM
Good idea Elantric, let's try Skype. Much cheaper than a meeting at Octoberfest in Munich. :)
But, Papabuss, Far less fun i'm sure

aliensporebomb

Skype isn't a bad idea at all.  My handle there is aliensporebomb as it is just about everywhere else.  Thinking.  When would we do this?  Plan it a few weeks in advance on a weekend afternoon and have a trial run prior to the actual event to make sure it actually works.

We did this with a relative who wanted to celebrate her 70th birthday having "breakfast" with a friend who was living in Antwerp Belgium. 

I think it's doable but I've never tried to do a "conference call" via Skype but I imagine it's possible.

As aside, I'm going out to California in May to attend "Ambi-con" which is the "Music from the Hearts of Space" ambient music shows big concert/symposium then my wife and I are going to bum around San Francisco for a couple of days before flying back.

papabuss

Quote from: whippinpost91850 on March 28, 2013, 03:52:00 PM
But, Papabuss, Far less fun i'm sure
You're absolutely right, whippingpost...but then we must wait till September 21st.... ;) :)

shawnb

Quote from: aliensporebomb on March 28, 2013, 07:44:24 PM
As aside, I'm going out to California in May to attend "Ambi-fest" which is the "Music from the Hearts of Space" ambient music shows big concert/symposium then my wife and I are going to bum around San Francisco for a couple of days before flying back.

Are you performing?  I'd love to see the show, please provide specifics!  And I'd also love to hookup if you're in SF!!!

Shawn

aliensporebomb

No, not performing (that would be awesome though).  I have an ulterior motive in that a lot of those people are the "who's who" of the ambient music world and maybe I'll make some contacts to get my stuff out there some more.   

Elantric

If anyone is going to 2016 Winter NAMM this weekend and wants to meet up - send me a PM message

Hurricane

Quote from: Elantric on July 14, 2012, 02:29:59 PM
It sure would be Fun to have a VGuitarForums mass meeting during Winter NAMM in January 24-27,  2013 in Anaheim, CA

http://www.namm.org/thenammshow/2013

Fly to John Wayne Airport in Orange County, California
http://www.ocair.com/

- we could have an "Occupy Roland" event and demand our VGuitarForums needs and wish lists were met !

The Vegas Namm show would be a easy go , I'm about 3  hours south from there .

I used to attend those for many years starting in 1972 .

Yeah I'm down with that , my fav's to check out were the esoteric exotic stuff in audio
processing and sound re enforcement . The UK always had some really cool stuff and
cool people to interact with .

I guess all the serious audio entrants there from Europe and Japan we super interesting .
HR

Hurricane

Quote from: Elantric on July 14, 2012, 02:47:58 PM
Los Angeles  or San Francisco is a 4 hour car drive away -

Or there is much to do here where I am
Many Surf Bands in the 1960's played on this pier in Pismo Beach
http://classiccalifornia.com/cam.htm
!

Although Brent Flash is near New Orleans and attending JazzFest would be a trip.

Avila Beach brings back sweet memories  .

I had a girlfriend who lived at the Sycamore Springs Mineral Bath that you pass when you take the road to Avila off the freeway  .
Nice area .

í Pismos clams are to die for !
HR