Alto TS110A vs. Alto TS112A (a pair of them in each case)

Started by Mrchevy, July 01, 2012, 11:17:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mrchevy

I ended up getting a pair of alto TS110's. They are a touch light in the low end bass but overall really sound good. Your right though, in comparison, I found that more money doesn't necessarily translate to better sound. I run my GT-10, GR-55, Mustang IV amp(direct), all into a Mackie 802VLZ3 mixer, then out to the alto's. Very happy.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Epi Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG 50's prototype
Squire classic vibe 60's
Epi LP Modern
Epi SG Custom
Martin acoustic

Princeton chorus 210

GT100
GR-55
Helix LT
Waza Air Headphones
Boomerang III

And, a lot of stuff I DON'T need

mmmmgtr

I'm using the alto TS110 as well. I actually used a TS112 and it was exceptional.
The low end was perfect, but I wanted a smaller, lighter form factor based on
smaller venues where I typically perform. Either way, a terrific price for terrific
sound. I might pick up a TS112 again just for the bigger venues, but until I start
playing some bigger venues again, the TS110 is the ticket.

Chumly

Any thoughts as to which would more accurately reproduce the output for a GR-55/VG-99 rig? I've read the Alto TS110A may have more accurate low-mid/bass, making it more suitable for a dedicated GR-55/VG-99 rig, but all else being equal I'd prefer the Alto TS112A because it's a bit more versatile if I ever wanted to use them as a stand-alone small stereo PA.

If indeed the Alto TS110A has more accurate low-mid/bass when used with a GR-55/VG-99 rig I wonder if I could not get virtually the same results with a bit of high-pass on the Alto TS112A?
I think it's much more interesting to live not knowing than to have answers which might be wrong. - Richard P. Feynman

Elantric

The parent company of Alto Professional also owns Alesis.

I highly recommend a pair of Alesis Alpha 112A  - which are 1000watts and a bit more performance compared to the Alto TS112A which the Alesis is based upon.
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=12481.0

On Ebay you can find new Alesis 112A for $199
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alesis-Alpha-112-Active-2-Way-12-1000-Watt-Loudspeaker-with-Built-in-Alesis-DSP-/331406575399?pt=US_Pro_Audio_Speakers_Monitors&hash=item4d295f0727

and the Alto TS112A covers are a perfect fit $28

These are the "best deal" in 2014 for VGuitar amplification  - even Glenn DeLaune owns a pair !

http://glenndelaune.com/patch%20downloads.htm

Chumly

Thank you Elantric, you're most kind, (pocketbook does not agree but then few things are certain except death and taxes).
I think it's much more interesting to live not knowing than to have answers which might be wrong. - Richard P. Feynman

Toby Krebs

I use one or two Alto 10s. Small, loud and cheap warm sounds.
Buy used from Guitar Centers used web page.Start with one then get another.

Chumly

Living in Canada I do not have the easy luxury of buying used from Guitar Centers, as I live in the land of 'why pay less when you can pay more' so I usually buy US mail-order once per year, all in a big lump, and then wander down to Washington state to pick it all up at one time.

I do the like smaller / lighter form factor of the 10" versus the 12" all else being equal (which it never is).

Jerry K

I just bought the Alto TS112A from guitar center the day before Christmas and it was $199, brand new (December discounts).  It sounds great!  I compared it to the QSC K12 and I actually preferred it.  The K12 had a little more high end which I did not want for guitar.  Overall I think these speakers are perfect for direct guitar rigs.

Toby Krebs

The Altos are more pleasing to the ears than the QSCs I agree.  I even like the Altos more for PA use than the QSCs.The QSCs are tough loud and very expensive.They also have a slightly unpleasant guitar and vocal raspiness I dont care for.I know most people love them especially around the area I live in. I play in a couple of bands that use them and they are always too loud.Maybe spending all that money on QSC makes you want to crank them lol! I like to have my audience be able to visit while listening so I might get asked back again.The EVs all sound very nice too. Considering two small EV subs for my personal PA system. Alto also makes decent subs. I have run my Altos at loud volume/ softer levels/ with five pc. bands/ three pc. bands and lots of other situations and never had anything but compliments from band members/ patrons and even club owners.

That is all I need to know!

Chumly

Well, I just bottom (deep subject) a pair of Alesis Alpha 112A  ;D

DF400

Thanks for the Link Elantric. I've been waiting patiently for these to surface again, as I've heard nothing but great things about these. Not sure they will replace my Mackie SRM450's for mains, but certainly my old JBL EON 15P that I use for stage monitors!

JeffVolume

++++++++1 on the Alesis Alpha 112A 'S   I have a pair and they are incredible!! 

HoosierMan

I have the Alto TS110A's and I love them.  After I bought the 110 I wondered if I should have gotten the 112 for more bass thump, but in every venue I have played which are typically around 500 to 1000 square feet they have been more than up to the job and seem to have plenty of headroom.  Mine is angled on one side which makes it nice if you want to use it as a floor monitor, however I wish they had put the handle on the side opposite the angled edge to make it easier to grab with one hand if you need to adjust its placement while your other hand is occupied.