GR-55 - Wanted Dead or Alive - Bon Jovi

Started by greekjgg, October 26, 2013, 05:01:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greekjgg

This is the acoustic patch I use for Dead or Alive. I use it with 3 different settings

1. 12 string Acoustic
2. 12 String with the "drone" type synth
3. 12 string Acoustic and my Normal Electric PU with a semi dirty tone after the breakdown that occurs just after the solo. I essentially mimic the 12 string acoustic and Electric Rhythm near the end of the song.

I engage the "drone" sound with the CTL pedal - Its a synth sound I believe JUST on the D string. It holds the note once you hit it and hit the note with the CTL pedal on. I disengage during the versus and during the solo and reengage it for the very end.

I toggle the volume pedal back and forth. Its mostly toggled towards the heel for just the 12 string. Right after the solo theres that stop. I then switch towards the toe to add the Dirty rhythm.

I use a different patch for the solo and I have absolutely NO noticeable lag going back and forth between that patch and this one.

Suite it to your taste. I've noticed that any patch I've downloaded from the forum I've had to "tweak" to my guitar and between both guitars that I use my GR55 with.
Setup:
Homemade EVH Frankenstrat with built in GK3
GR55
Rocktron Talkbox
TC Helicon Voicetone C1
Tech 21 Power Engine 60

Jim Williams

do you use it with a band live? I have to ask because sometimes I make patches for songs but never use them live. I post the patches for others to try them out live in hopes they will post an mp3 or a YouTube video. I would like to see you using this patch in a video post just to see how it works for you. I don't plan on playing that cover any time soon I would like to see the patch in action. A rundown of your rig would also be helpful along with how you EQ your sounds. Your thoughts could help a lot of forum members in getting a good live sound.

As always thanks and keep posting.

Everything from modeling to the real deal, my house looks like a music store.

greekjgg

Quote from: Jim Williams on October 27, 2013, 04:39:59 AM
do you use it with a band live? I have to ask because sometimes I make patches for songs but never use them live. I post the patches for others to try them out live in hopes they will post an mp3 or a YouTube video. I would like to see you using this patch in a video post just to see how it works for you. I don't plan on playing that cover any time soon I would like to see the patch in action. A rundown of your rig would also be helpful along with how you EQ your sounds. Your thoughts could help a lot of forum members in getting a good live sound.

As always thanks and keep posting.

I do use this live. I play in a 80's Rock Cover Band. I do have a few that I've made just for giggles, but most of my patches I use live.
I don't have any "video", but we did record our last show. I haven't received my copy yet, but hope to soon and was looking into posting some live examples. I do have the "wanted" backing tracks and was going to play with the latest garageband this weekend to see if I could make a "audio" example.

The only issue I have with this patch is that I do have to "focus" right before the solo as there is a quick transition from the acoustic part to the solo. My rhy player is a VERY basic rhythm so him doing the acoustic lick like Jon does for Richie while he switches guitars is a little much for me to ask of him lol....so In my "focus" I sometimes hit two pedals at once as I use a 2nd patch for the solo.

I finally added my rig to my signature...my eq is an ongoing process. I wish I had a full proof method but I've used some of your tips along with others on the site.
Setup:
Homemade EVH Frankenstrat with built in GK3
GR55
Rocktron Talkbox
TC Helicon Voicetone C1
Tech 21 Power Engine 60