TC PolyTune Clip

Started by Elantric, July 16, 2015, 08:11:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elantric

GraemeJ

I was looking at one of these the other day.  My Stroboclip has just died and this looks like a decent replacement for a lot less money.

gumbo

Quote from: GraemeJ on July 17, 2015, 02:38:17 AM
I was looking at one of these the other day.  My Stroboclip has just died and this looks like a decent replacement for a lot less money.

Depending upon where you are, it may be worth you approaching Peterson's  ..by all accounts (on the SGF) they are GOOD people to deal with...you may just get it fixed..

Peter
Read slower!!!   ....I'm typing as fast as I can...

GraemeJ

Peterson's is a great company to deal with and will bend over backwards to help their customers.

I also have a Stroboflip - anyone who knows about these things will understand it's not cheap! - and it failed after about 13 months of use. I contacted Peterson and they directed me to their repair facility in Germany (I'm in Spain).  I sent them the faulty unit and it was back in under two weeks, fully working (they even sent me the faulty PCB they'd changed out) and no charge made.  Nobody could expect better service than that.

The Stroboclip is over three years old now and it would be unreasonable to expect a free repair, even assuming it's repairable and not just a replacement, so I'm thinking it would probably be cheaper to go for the TC device.

vxboogie

I have on of the Clips being delivered today. I'll report back once I have a some time to test it out.

Elantric

I have one too

Its amazing!!!

GraemeJ

Quote from: Elantric on July 20, 2015, 01:56:39 PM
I have one too

Its amazing!!!
Good enough for me - ordering one right now :) .

Headless68

I bought one from the deal alert thread - been using it for last few weeks - totally recommended, very accurate and easy to use

Note - needs contact with the guitar to work properly .....which is fine if you have a head on your guitar :-)

Headless