Finally Picked Up the VG-99

Started by blumood9, February 02, 2016, 08:30:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blumood9

Hey everyone! So this is my first post here- wanted to introduce myself! I'm Christopher, from Brooklyn, NYC.
About a month ago I finally picked up the VG-99! I have used plenty of Roland GR synths in the past, and finally got my hands on one. I absolutely love it, even though i'm still working my way around all the endless possibilities of it. Glad to have found a place for discussions/questions and sharing sounds and such. A question I had for you folks is- I have yet to try out the GR-55- and I was thinking of buying one to link with the VG-99. Any folks with experience doing this? I really dig the sounds of the VG-99, but i'd like to add more of the synth effects that the GR-55 has. I see that you can add/create patches on the VG-99, so I was wondering if there is a way to load synth plugins/sounds to the VG-99.
I'm using a Godin ACS-SA Koa and running it through a pretty complex live looping set up.
So, anyway, apologies for being a bit scatterbrained.
What do you all think the best option is?

Much love!

alexmcginness

I have both. I use the 99 only in my live show and both in the studio. The 99 is a very powerful tool on its own. Just a quick example of a three piece band ( guitar bass and drums ) doing Pink Floyds comfortably Numb live off the floor. The patch is on the forum. Imagine if you add a GR-55 to the mix. Enjoy and happy explorations.

VG-88V2, GR-50, GR-55, 4 X VG-99s,2 X FC-300,  2 X GP-10 AXON AX 100 MKII, FISHMAN TRIPLE PLAY,MIDX-10, MIDX-20, AVID 11 RACK, BEHRINGER FCB 1010, LIVID GUITAR WING, ROLAND US-20, 3 X GUYATONE TO-2. MARSHALL BLUESBREAKER, SERBIAN ELIMINATOR AMP. GR-33.