VG-99 - SysEx for Control1,2

Started by ForestCat, July 13, 2015, 03:04:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ForestCat

Do any of you guys know whether it is possible to control the state of the two Control buttons via SysEx (to avoid chewing up additional assigns), similar to the way it can be done w/ the GR-55?  Looked through the MIDI implementation, might have missed it.  No way to simulate from PC editor, so nothing to spy on.

Thanks for any help on this

ForestCat

Bump.   Still wondering about this.  Anyone?

Elantric

ForestCat

Thanks. Yeah, looked through that first, maybe I missed it, but could find anything.  I think it was Gumtown that found a way to change the GR-55's CTL pedal state via Sysex, I guess I was hoping somebody might have some insider info on a similar function in the VG-99.  I'll bet the capability exists...

sixeight

AFAIK this is not possible. And I studied the midi implementation guide pretty well, developing the VController. However, if you do not have an FC300, you can control the FC300 CTL-1 to CTL-8 assigns by sysex, but only through the MIDI port, not USB MIDI.

I can find the sysex for you if you are interested. But I need to do some digging. The VController generates the correct midi codes, but I can read them out from the compiler.

ForestCat

Sorry for the delay, just noticed the reply.

"However, if you do not have an FC300, you can control the FC300 CTL-1 to CTL-8 assigns by sysex"

Do you mean that I could 'simulate' the h/w buttons w/ sysex commands, or just that I could change what params are 'assigned' to the FC-300 CTL pedals?

sixeight

Do you mean that I could 'simulate' the h/w buttons w/ sysex commands, or just that I could change what params are 'assigned' to the FC-300 CTL pedals?

I have managed to do this, but it is quite tricky. The easiest way to get this functionality is by building a VController. Check out my topic on this project: https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=15154.0

I should write documentation on how the communication between the VG99 and the FC300 works, but that is just one of the many things I want to do... I guess developing a production model has priority.