roland CM30 anyone?

Started by myksara, October 24, 2013, 11:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

myksara

Is anyone using aroland CM30 with a gr55 for stage monitoring?
How do the synths sound and how do the COSM effects sound through it?
I am using a Behringer B205D currently for smaller stages and its decent.
But if the cm30 is better I might get that!
Guitars: Ibanez Prestige S5470, Ibanez Jem 7v, Ibanez JS2410, PRS SE Custom24, Cort  Ltd G16, Ibanez RG370Ahmz,
MultiFX: Roland GR55, Zoom 1on, BOSS GT00
Loopers: Digitech trio+, Line 6 JM4
MIDI:, MAudio Axiom24 keyboard, Alesis IO Dock with iPad air 2

myksara

Guitars: Ibanez Prestige S5470, Ibanez Jem 7v, Ibanez JS2410, PRS SE Custom24, Cort  Ltd G16, Ibanez RG370Ahmz,

myksara

Finally I bought the little monster and I am very impressed! It is perfect for a GR55 synth/amp modelers looking for a portable flat response monitor. The 6.5" 2-way speaker packs a punch with decent bass and crisp highs. And this amp is plenty loud too.
I compared it with my Behringer B205D which I think is similar to a Mackie SRM150 and the Roland CM30 sounded better and more clear.
Point to note here is that the Behringer has a 5.25" speaker as opposed to the 6.5" on the Roland CM30.

The CM30 has 1 mic/line channel plus 2 line channels, High and Low EQ, Headphone output with level control, master volume and an on/off switch right on the front which I find handy.
It also has a single 3.5mm aux in for connecting ipods and RCA pin inputs for connecting a CD player. Power cable doesn't have a ground pin if that matters. The CM30 is expandable with  stereo link helping connect 2 CM30s in stereo.
With a nice sturdy handle and boxy looks it is super portable at 13 lbs and I am using it in a band scenerio with an octopads/v-drums player (not tested with a full drummer though)..
This one is definitely a keeper and looks very sturdy! Happy Happy! ;D

jannugimes

We've had one for a few years. We use it a home for a monitor and also for small venues such as retirement homes and even churches. We only have one and it gets cranked up when the church is packed (that's only at Easter and Christmas). My wife plays into a mic and we run an mp3 player for our backup. It has plenty of power for us and lots of different input jack choices. Great product, IMHO.