Quilter Tone Block

Started by Jerry K, February 28, 2015, 04:22:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerry K

I think I just found my new go to amp.  The quilter stuff sounds really good with the GP-10.  I haven't tried my VG-99 but I would assume the same.  I ended up buying their Tone Block 200 http://www.quilterlabs.com/index.php/products/toneblock-amplifiers/tone-block-200 and an extension cab and it is awesome.  I can't believe how good the cleans and gains sound, wow!  I only tried it with the real mag p/ups but will try the GK stuff tomorrow.  Anyone else tried this stuff out?

Jerry

Elantric

Graham G

Quote from: Jerry K on February 28, 2015, 04:22:16 PM
I think I just found my new go to amp.  The quilter stuff sounds really good with the GP-10.  I haven't tried my VG-99 but I would assume the same.  I ended up buying their Tone Block 200 http://www.quilterlabs.com/index.php/products/toneblock-amplifiers/tone-block-200 and an extension cab and it is awesome.  I can't believe how good the cleans and gains sound, wow!  I only tried it with the real mag p/ups but will try the GK stuff tomorrow.  Anyone else tried this stuff out?

Jerry

Jerry,does the Quilter maintain the gain structure of your GP10 patches,when the Volume is raised & lowered(on the Quilter).
I use a gt100 with 2 cube 80's & they add there own gain character to the GT100 gain settings.
I hope i'm making my question clear,it's a bit difficult to put into words,what i'm hearing with the Cubes,but hopefully you'll get what i mean.
Cheers,Graham.

Midicity

Love my tone block with the gr55 and my Bogner v30 cab

atomheart411

Graham, did you ever get an answer to that question? I know what your asking and I'm wondering the same thing. I have an old Crate Power Block which great for smaller gigs but if I need to turn up the 'gain' knob then the fidelity changes if I go too far. They were trying to develop the old "solid state that sounds like a tube" amp after all. Which is what the 'gain' is for. When I saw the same thing on the Tone Block I choked. I'm going to bet that it's the same problem and so ends up limiting output volume if you want to keep it clean. Just guessing....

Graham G

Quote from: atomheart411 on July 15, 2015, 01:11:10 PM
Graham, did you ever get an answer to that question? I know what your asking and I'm wondering the same thing. I have an old Crate Power Block which great for smaller gigs but if I need to turn up the 'gain' knob then the fidelity changes if I go too far. They were trying to develop the old "solid state that sounds like a tube" amp after all. Which is what the 'gain' is for. When I saw the same thing on the Tone Block I choked. I'm going to bet that it's the same problem and so ends up limiting output volume if you want to keep it clean. Just guessing....

Sorry no answer.