Source for 1mm, 2mm and 3mm Spacers for GK3 ?

Started by sj1, January 15, 2017, 03:21:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sj1

Hi.

I recently installed a pre-owned GK3 on my G&L Skyhawk.  The performance is semi-OK (with GR-55), but my distance to the strings is more than 1mm and I do not have the original spacers that came with the PU new.   (When I bought it I didn't know enough to realize the baggie full of parts was in fact not truly complete.)

I am convinced from reading here that getting down to 1mm will make me happier with the results, and so I would like to obtain 1mm and 2mm spacers with which to raise the PU.   Is there a source for these where I can purchase?

If not, would anyone happen to have extras they could part with?

- sj

admin

Could call

Roland Corp
5100 S. Eastern Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90040-2938
Customer Service Tel: (323) 890-3700

VAXHeadroom

I have a 3D printer and would be glad to help!!

Quote from: sj1 on January 15, 2017, 03:21:15 PM
Hi.

I recently installed a pre-owned GK3 on my G&L Skyhawk.  The performance is semi-OK (with GR-55), but my distance to the strings is more than 1mm and I do not have the original spacers that came with the PU new.   (When I bought it I didn't know enough to realize the baggie full of parts was in fact not truly complete.)

I am convinced from reading here that getting down to 1mm will make me happier with the results, and so I would like to obtain 1mm and 2mm spacers with which to raise the PU.   Is there a source for these where I can purchase?

If not, would anyone happen to have extras they could part with?

- sj

gumbo

...just cut some out of scrap Plexiglass / Perspex...   ;)
Read slower!!!   ....I'm typing as fast as I can...

mooncaine

Another thing I found useful as a shim for GKs: plastic from a product's packaging (the stuff that one would normally recycle or throw away). I collected a few examples of flat black plastic that was thin enough to cut with scissors. I stacked it up. Eventually I rediscovered my cache of old GK shims but for a few years mine was jacked up on plastic from takeout food containers.

I also used a plastic school notebook cover (a 3-ring binder) as the plastic cover over some ribbon controls. It has almost the same feel under the fingertips as the ribbon on my VG-99.