RC300 - Alternative drum rhythms synchronized with the gr-55?

Started by Singwas, December 30, 2014, 01:09:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Singwas

Hi! I read the threat above. I tried my iPad with loopy, DM1, Funkbox and a lot of midi-related Apps. I got everything to work (!) even with a FCB 1010-Controller... but I'm not quite satsfied. It feels like everything works only 80 - 90 % steady - it starts with a shaky connetion to the iPad. All apps are great, the technique is fascinating - but I want a classic hardware solution.
So: what Drum Machine works with the RC 300? Like in the threat I want my live looping have more drum selection. The RC 300 is to pretend as Midi master tempo, also, if possible, start / stop for the drum machine. I bought an Alesis SR 16, but it does not accept the midi clock (maybe a known problem, or does it work at someone?) My RC 300 must be set correctly, because my GR 55 accepts the midi clock. I want a hardware solution for manual control (not like Beatbuddy). What devices will fit to my wishes?
GR 55
Godin LGXSA
Roland Testgitarre

Singwas

Today i saw a Boss DR 3, and I gave it a try. It works fine. But there is an other problem... (Please look at GR 55 section)
GR 55
Godin LGXSA
Roland Testgitarre

Threeleggedyoyo

I've got an SR-16 and use it with my RC-300 just fine. You might have it set so that it doesn't recognize MIDI clock, or maybe it's set to receive from the wrong channel or something.

Singwas

Yes... i made a mistake: I placed the GR 55 between the RC 300 and the Alesis SR 16! The GR 55 does not send midi Start (only clock), so it cant work.
GR 55
Godin LGXSA
Roland Testgitarre