VG-99 editor will not show the fx chain edit window

Started by Gravel Axe, August 16, 2015, 07:15:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gravel Axe

Hi guys this one is driving me bonkers .this  just started a couple of days ago . Running OS X yosemite on mbp13" 2012 and VGeditor 1.01 . I have uninstalled reinstalled the editor , the librarian and the driver . Still the same no fx window . Sometimes i know it is 'there' when i click show all windows but it can't be clicked on and disappears again .  I tried plugging in ext monitor to see if it was orphaned on the extended desktop but that was no good either . Anyone else have this happen , is there a fix ?  Its just this one program and just that bloody window ! lol rest of my mac works fine and there is no prob with the editor on the windows machine  ???

mooncaine

Dunno, cuz mine seems to be working, but I'd mess with the Mission Control preferences on your Mac, toggling the setting about apps having their own spaces.

Gravel Axe

Gravel Axe

Bummed. Just paid 40 bucks for mac cleaner to properly uninstall all traces and it didn't solve the problem .. or it did not do what it said it would with the pref files grrrrr..
So as I await tech supports rely may I ask if anyone knows what the hell is happening with this thing ? Thank you guys .

Elantric

You won't find me updating to latest OS versions from Apple ( or Microsoft), without thorough research.
I remain on OSX Mountain Lion or OSX Mavericks -( and Win8.1)  specifically due to incompatibility of my older A/V gear's Editor and or lack of USB Drivers  - due to no support for OSX Yosemite or El Capitan with my older gear I rely on.
I prefer to remain productive and not bleeding edge.

Gravel Axe

Hey Elantric ,
thanks for your post . I do know where you coming from but funny thing is I have been on Yosemite since I don't know exactly 12 months maybe ? But this just started a couple of days ago . Even so , could there have been this issue lurking all that time ?

Elantric

Quotethanks for your post . I do know where you coming from but funny thing is I have been on Yosemite since I don't know exactly 12 months maybe ? But this just started a couple of days ago . Even so , could there have been this issue lurking all that time ?

Might be due to one of the recent OSX Safari Security patches  - or the new dreadful iTunes 12 update

Gravel Axe

worth checking out thank you I will see if I can roll back the iTunes update 1st

sinan

I just had this problem and here was the fix.

Open ~/Library/Application Support/Roland/VG-99 Editor/WindowPosition.txt

in your favorite editor(vi, vim, gvim, TextEdit, TextWrangler or whatever)
You will see first two lines as

main
123,456 (or some two numbers)

In my case, it read
main
1556,-5672

-5672 puts it way outside of the screen

Make sure that VG-99 Editor is not running.
change those two lines to read

main

save it, and restart VG-99 Editor. Now it should be somewhere respectable. Now you can move it around..
To be safe you might copy WindowPosition.txt to somewhere(in case you have to copy it back) before you do this.

Good Luck