ODROID-C2 Project Board Quad Core 2GHz 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 IR Gigabit

Started by Elantric, September 22, 2016, 11:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elantric

http://www.hardkernel.com/main/products/prdt_info.php

ODROID-C2 Project Board Quad Core 2GHz 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 IR Gigabit

The ODROID-C2 is a 64-bit quad-core single board computer(SBC) that is one of the most cost-effective 64bit development boards available in the ARM world. It can function as a home theater set-top box, a general purpose computer for web browsing, gaming and socializing, a compact tool for college or office work, a prototyping device for hardware tinkering, a controller for home automation, a workstation for software development, and much more.

Some of the modern operating systems that run on the ODROID-C2 are Ubuntu, Android, ARCHLinux, Debian, with thousands of free open-source software packages available. The ODROID-C2 is an ARM device -- the most advanced architecture for mobile devices and embedded 64-bit computing. The ARM processor's small size, reduced complexity and low power consumption makes it very suitable for miniaturized devices such as wearables and embedded controllers.

* Amlogic ARM® Cortex®-A53(ARMv8) 1.5Ghz quad core CPUs
* Mali™-450 GPU (3 Pixel-processors + 2 Vertex shader processors)
* 2Gbyte DDR3 SDRAM
* Gigabit Ethernet
* HDMI 2.0 4K/60Hz display
* H.265 4K/60FPS and H.264 4K/30FPS capable VPU
* 40pin GPIOs + 7pin I2S
* eMMC5.0 HS400 Flash Storage slot / UHS-1 SDR50 MicroSD Card slot
* USB 2.0 Host x 4, USB OTG x 1 (power + data capable)
* Infrared(IR) Receiver
* Ubuntu 16.04 or Android 5.1 Lollipop based on Kernel 3.14LTS

Faster and cooler than Raspberry Pi 2/3, Fast IO, Great for NAS or Media Center
1.5GHz Quad Core Cortex-A53 64 Bit ARMv8, 2GB DDR3, Gigabit Ethernet, HDMI 2.0, 4K60
Power Supply Sold Separately, Search B0190MCSS0
Case Sold Separately, Search B01ESLMTZ0 B01ESKQYE8 B01ESLEI7M
I2S HiFi Shield Sold Separately, Search B01AMTQERQ
The ODROID-C2 is a 64-bit quad-core single board computer(SBC) that is one of the most cost-effective 64bit development boards available in the ARM world. It can function as a home theater set-top box, a general purpose computer for web browsing, gaming and socializing, a compact tool for college or office work, a prototyping device for hardware tinkering, a controller for home automation, a workstation for software development, and much more. Some of the modern operating systems that run on the ODROID-C2 are Ubuntu, Android, ARCHLinux, Debian, with thousands of free open-source software packages available. The ODROID-C2 is an ARM device -- the most advanced architecture for mobile devices and embedded 64-bit computing. The ARM processor's small size, reduced complexity and low power consumption makes it very suitable for miniaturized devices such as wearables and embedded controllers. * Amlogic ARM® Cortex®-A53(ARMv8) 1.5Ghz quad core CPUs * MaliTM-450 GPU (3 Pixel-processors + 2 Vertex shader processors) * 2Gbyte DDR3 SDRAM * Gigabit Ethernet * HDMI 2.0 4K/60Hz display * H.265 4K/60FPS and H.264 4K/30FPS capable VPU * 40pin GPIOs + 7pin I2S * eMMC5.0 HS400 Flash Storage slot / UHS-1 SDR50 MicroSD Card slot * USB 2.0 Host x 4, USB OTG x 1 (power + data capable) * Infrared(IR) Receiver * Ubuntu 16.04 or Android 5.1 Lollipop based on Kernel 3.14LTS

pasha811

Elantric, thanks for that.
A part from speed for less bucks  ;D, is there any real life advantage in using this instead of RPI to enable 5 Pin MIDI to GP10 and other 5 Pin MIDI Less Roland Hardware? In my understanding MIDI is a low CPU load task but I'm not as expert as I'd like to be on this.

Best
Pasha
Listen to my music at :  http://alonetone.com/pasha/

Elantric

Faster CPU = Lower MIDI latency

But today each month brings faster embedded CPU single board computers in Raspberry Pi  or Beagle Bone physical size that have the horsepower to support open source linux guitar FX

rolandvg99

Oh! Looks tempting. Thinking about making a set and forget USB recorder for my Motu 8M, and this one might be what I'm looking for. Thx for posting.
To V or not to V: That is the question.

My little Soundcloud corner