VG-99 - Patch request - solo guitar tone from 1+1 (Beyonce)

Started by cell7, February 08, 2012, 03:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cell7

Hi all - here's a request/challenge. Seems simple at first but i havent nailed it myself.
I think the solo guitar at the end of the Beyonce track 1+1 has a fantastic tone, and is played with a great touch (rumour has it by Nuno Bettencourt but no confirmation on that). Can anybody nail this tone? I have been adding a bit of the feedbacker in there also to get some 'tube-ness', but i havent fixed on which amp/drive pedal combination is right for this sound.
Anyone wanna give it a shot?

papabuss

Hi cell7
could you specify the exact (youtube) songposition (time) ...(although I'm not a real Beyonce fan..Sorry  ;) )
FENDER STRATOCASTER (1974); BRIAN MAY RED SPECIAL; VG 99; GR 55; Yamaha DX 7

Music was my first love and it will be my last (JOHN MILES)

cell7

starts around 3:12... im also not a huge beyonce fan but this is a killer tone :P

papabuss

Hi cell7
I'm just trying to watch this video..but its not available in Germany..have you got another "source"?
FENDER STRATOCASTER (1974); BRIAN MAY RED SPECIAL; VG 99; GR 55; Yamaha DX 7

Music was my first love and it will be my last (JOHN MILES)

Jim Williams

This tone is not so much in the amp model as in the delay settings. That tone actually sounds very Roland-like. Try the T-amp Lead or the modern Marshall. Set the delay time at about 380-400 ms, the level around 40% and the feedback at about 36%. also use a little room verb (set the time at about 2.0). That will give it that studio quality. The guitar on the track was probably something with Hum-buckers but I think a modern Strat would sound great for this tone.

Everything from modeling to the real deal, my house looks like a music store.

cell7

Quote from: papabuss on February 16, 2012, 11:28:43 AM
Hi cell7
I'm just trying to watch this video..but its not available in Germany..have you got another "source"?

Not sure - maybe just do a google search for '1+1 beyonce'

Quote from: Jim Williams on February 16, 2012, 10:00:42 PM
This tone is not so much in the amp model as in the delay settings. That tone actually sounds very Roland-like. Try the T-amp Lead or the modern Marshall. Set the delay time at about 380-400 ms, the level around 40% and the feedback at about 36%. also use a little room verb (set the time at about 2.0). That will give it that studio quality. The guitar on the track was probably something with Hum-buckers but I think a modern Strat would sound great for this tone.
Cheers! i will give this a shot tonight. Ive never actually played with the t-amp. My guess was that it was an axe-FX used for the recording but i would be happy if it was a roland :)