http://www.varranger.com/

Music Arranger Software - vArranger

vArranger2

Real-time arranger software
Live music oriented. Simple, stable and powerful
Real-time chords recognition
An Auto-accompaniment is generated in real-time, based on chords played
Extended Style Format compatibility
KETRON : X1/X4/X8 – SD1 – XD3/XD9 – Midjay/Midjay Plus – SD5/SD8 ...
SOLTON : MS 40/50/60/100 ...
YAMAHA : All models SFF 1 : PSR  – Tyros 1/2/3 – SFF 2 : Tyros 3/4/5 ...
ROLAND : All Models E96 – G800 – VA76 – G70 – ATELIER – BK7M – BK9 ...
KORG : All PA Series PA80 – PA1X – PA2X – PA3X – PA900 – PA4X ...

SPLIT or FULL KEYBOARD
Up to 3 MIDI INPUTS
Up to 2 midi instruments playing simultaneously
MIDI ACCORDION (3 parts : Right/Left/Bass)
MIDI ORGAN (3 parts : Upper Manual/Lower Manual/Bass Pedals)
MIDI GUITAR optimized
TOUCH SCREEN optimized
FULL remote control : Assign any vArranger function to any MIDI note, button, fader, knob / PC Key / PC Game Joystick...
LED FEEDBACK for KORG NANOKONTROL2, NOVATION SLMKII, NOVATION LAUNCHKEY, NOVATION LAUNCHPAD, AKAI APC20, AKAI APC40, AKAI APC MINI...
MIDI Monitor
Up to 3 MIDI OUTPUTS
Many modes provided to adapt to your sound synthesizer : GM / GM2 / GS / XG / KETRON SD2 / KETRON SD4 / KETRON SD1000 / YAMAHA MOTIF XS / ROLAND FANTOM XR
INS – Instrument definition files support : for easy sound selection of any sound module
Flexible routing saved per song : Every track can be routed to up to 3 midi outputs , including the internal synthesizer , the SoundFont samples, the 16 VSTi rack, external midi software with virtual midi cable...
Advanced Arranger features – Unlimited variations number – AUTO FILL IN – SYNC START – SYNC STOP – TAP TEMP – TEMPO LOCK – OCTAVE – TRANSPOSE – MANUAL BASS – BASS TO LOWEST – SECOND VOICE – RESTART – HOLD – FADE IN – FADE OUT – SPLIT POINT
For Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10  (32/64 bits)
Low latency audio ASIO and WASAPI. Use standard internal PC soundcard, or external pro audio card.
vArranger GM2 Software Synthesizer included. 256 voice high quality sound synthesis. 16 tracks multitimbral. Effects : Reverb, Chorus. 3 auxiliary VST effects + 1 MASTER VST FX
Use your own Samples in Soundfonts SF2 format. Load up to 4GB of samples, or more with Windows 64 Bit. Immediate Program Changes
Polyphonic AfterTouch, Fingered Portamento
Breath Controller optimized
ARABIC scale tuning
Play up to 16 VST instruments plugins (32 Bit or 64 Bit)
Full MIDI control of VST parameters
VST Snapshots saving. VST Programs selection.
Midifile, Karaoke, Lyrics, Markers
Dual Low latency Audio player : Wav, mp3, wma...
Audio recorder of internal synth & VST
SONG CHORDS : Create full backing tracks in few minutes, selecting style, entering chords and variations. Export to midifile
vRIFF : Save a chord sequence along with your style/song. You can then play it back, to free your left hand for having to play chords, or take the control back of the arranger at desired time
Real-time chord looper (REC, PLAY)
Create complex sounds with up to 5 Instruments layers playing together : Keyboard range, velocity range, octave, transpose, sustain, aftertouch, expression + full sound editing per layer
In depth sound editing (ADSR, Fine Tune, Cutoff, Pitch bend range, Monophonic, Portamento...)
DRUM MIXER
EFFECTS
SAVE SONG : Save all style and sounds parameters for instant recall
Customize your song book as you want
MY SOUNDS : drag & drop your 20 favorites sounds for each song
Load images, score, lyrics (PDF, JPG, RTF, PNG, TIFF...) along with your song
Dual screen mode for score
Get direct support from the developer or in the forum. We help you with your setup and if needed, we assist you directly in your computer
Free updates since 5 years !
Access to the private download area with a huge collection of styles, midifiles, goodies, etc...

Elantric

carlb

Hmmm. Think it needs MIDI notes in to determine chords and melody? The GP-10 can provide that reasonably well, correct?

I looked at their website, without diving into videos I don't see much that describes scenarios for use, and hardware needed to support them. What's up with the foot controller in the photo of that complex looking setup? Some sort of live-playback element?

I wonder how this stacks up to a Sibelius for translating a MIDI note stream to notes on the page ...

I could always use a faster way to score lead-sheets for my arrangements ... "By-hand" is slow and labor-heavy.

Lot's of "hmmms ..."

ES Les Paul, internal Roland GK
Boss SY-1000, Valeton Coral Amp pedal
Morningstar MC8 & MC6
QSC CP8 powered speaker

Elantric

Quote from: carlb on August 18, 2017, 01:47:11 PM
Hmmm. Think it needs MIDI notes in to determine chords and melody? The GP-10 can provide that reasonably well, correct?

I looked at their website, without diving into videos I don't see much that describes scenarios for use, and hardware needed to support them. What's up with the foot controller in the photo of that complex looking setup? Some sort of live-playback element?

I wonder how this stacks up to a Sibelius for translating a MIDI note stream to notes on the page ...

I could always use a faster way to score lead-sheets for my arrangements ... "By-hand" is slow and labor-heavy.

Lot's of "hmmms ..."

I would read the documentation

the whole goal of Varranger is live backing track accompaniment and control for solo musicians

the FCB-1010 MIDI foot controller is for the control of the Varranger backing tracks
https://www.varranger.com/features/

Real-time arranger software
Live music oriented. Simple, stable and powerful
Real-time chords recognition
An Auto-accompaniment is generated in real-time, based on chords played
Extended Style Format compatibility
KETRON : X1/X4/X8 – SD1 – XD3/XD9 – Midjay/Midjay Plus – SD5/SD8 ...
SOLTON : MS 40/50/60/100 ...
YAMAHA : All models SFF 1 : PSR  – Tyros 1/2/3 – SFF 2 : Tyros 3/4/5 ...
ROLAND : All Models E96 – G800 – VA76 – G70 – ATELIER – BK7M – BK9 ...
KORG : All PA Series PA80 – PA1X – PA2X – PA3X – PA900 – PA4X ...

SPLIT or FULL KEYBOARD
Up to 4 MIDI INPUTS
Up to 3 midi instruments playing simultaneously
MIDI ACCORDION (3 parts : Right/Left/Bass)
MIDI ORGAN (3 parts : Upper Manual/Lower Manual/Bass Pedals)
MIDI GUITAR optimized
TOUCH SCREEN optimized
FULL remote control : Assign any vArranger function to any MIDI note, button, fader, knob / PC Key / PC Game Joystick...
LED FEEDBACK for KORG NANOKONTROL2, NOVATION SLMKII, NOVATION LAUNCHKEY, NOVATION LAUNCHPAD, NOVATION LAUNCHCONTROL, AKAI APC20, AKAI APC40, AKAI APC MINI, ARTURIA BEATSTEP, BEHRINGER CMD-LC1, BEHRINGER CMD-DV1, ICON ISTAGE...
MIDI Monitor
Up to 3 MIDI OUTPUTS
Many modes provided to adapt to your sound synthesizer : GM / GM2 / GS / XG / KETRON SD2 / KETRON SD4 / KETRON SD1000 / YAMAHA MOTIF XS / ROLAND FANTOM XR
INS – Instrument definition files support : for easy sound selection of any sound module
Flexible routing saved per song : Every track can be routed to up to 3 midi outputs , including the internal synthesizer , the SoundFont samples, the 16 VSTi rack, external midi software with virtual midi cable...
Advanced Arranger features – Unlimited variations number – AUTO FILL IN – SYNC START – SYNC STOP – TAP TEMP – TEMPO LOCK – OCTAVE – TRANSPOSE – MANUAL BASS – BASS TO LOWEST – SECOND VOICE – RESTART – HOLD – HOLD LEFT – FADE IN – FADE OUT – SPLIT POINT
For Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10  (32/64 bits)
Low latency audio ASIO and WASAPI. Use standard internal PC soundcard, or external pro audio card.
vArranger GM2 Software Synthesizer included. 256 voice high quality sound synthesis. 16 tracks multitimbral. Effects : Reverb, Chorus. 3 auxiliary VST effects + 1 MASTER VST FX
Use your own Samples in Soundfonts SF2 format. Load up to 4GB of samples, or more with Windows 64 Bit. Immediate Program Changes
Polyphonic AfterTouch, Fingered Portamento
Breath Controller optimized
ARABIC scale tuning
Play up to 16 VST instruments plugins (32 Bit or 64 Bit)
Full MIDI control of VST parameters
VST Snapshots saving. VST Programs selection.
Midifile, Karaoke, Lyrics, Markers
Dual Low latency Audio player : Wav, mp3, wma...
Audio recorder of internal synth & VST
SONG CHORDS : Create full backing tracks in few minutes, selecting style, entering chords and variations. Export to midifile
vRIFF : Save a chord sequence along with your style/song. You can then play it back, to free your left hand for having to play chords, or take the control back of the arranger at desired time
Real-time chord looper (REC, PLAY)
Create complex sounds with up to 5 Instruments layers playing together : Keyboard range, velocity range, octave, transpose, sustain, aftertouch, expression + full sound editing per layer
In depth sound editing (ADSR, Fine Tune, Cutoff, Pitch bend range, Monophonic, Portamento...)
DRUM MIXER
EFFECTS
SAVE SONG : Save all style and sounds parameters for instant recall
PLAYLISTS
Customize your song book as you want
MY SOUNDS : drag & drop your 20 favorites sounds for each song
Load images, score, lyrics (PDF, JPG, RTF, PNG, TIFF...) along with your song
Dual screen mode for score
Get direct support from the developer or in the forum. We help you with your setup and if needed, we assist you directly in your computer
Free updates since 8 years !
Access to the private download area with a huge collection of styles, midifiles, goodies, etc...