Show your GK Guitar

Started by Virtual Tone, February 22, 2008, 11:45:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

domjammoo and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

mech

Quote from: feloniouspunk on April 12, 2008, 09:49:56 PM
Very interesting, now I have many questions.  But its getting late in chicago and I am beginning  to nod at the computer, especially after zoning out to your vids.   ;D

Hey FP!  You're in Chicago?  If so, you're actually closer to most of my gear than I am (having just moved from Rogers Park, and having stuffed most of it into a storage locker there before getting on the plane).  I oughta just ship you the keys and you can take it for a test drive yourself.  ;)

And thanks for the complement on the vids.  Sounds like I hit the right note, judging from your comment.

--m.
_____
GK Guitars: Frankenvox (fretless Vox 11-string GK Oud); Switch Innovo III MIDI; Line 6 Variax 300
VG Tech: VG-99 (x2); VG-8EX; WP-20g
Control: FC-300, EV-5, FS-6
Outboard: Macbook (Live, Bidule, Reaktor, etc), Looperlative LP-1, various boutique FX

chipstar

Alright, since the file size has been increased, I can add my photo. Here's 'The Blackout.' I've done some more mods on this bad boy but I don't have a photo yet. I've had black Sperzel tuners installed on a new graphite neck like the current one but with no face dots. The strap buttons are now black as well as the humbucker height screws. I've also got a new pickguard to be installed this week so I can take that ridiculous VG light off. Essentially, after this week, the entire guitar will be completely black except for the magnets on the humbuckers and the SD logos. Enjoy!

later,
Chipstar

Virtual Tone

FINALLY CHIPSTAR... FINALLY!!!!!  ;D

V.T.  8)

feloniouspunk

Holy S**T Mech, I live in Rogers Park.  Crazy man.  How long did you live here?  I'm on Chase by the Lake, I have probably seen you in passing at some point.  Small world.  Are you planning on coming back to Chicago?  We could start a VG-99 duo.   ;D  I have a nice little studio set up in the Apt that overlooks Leone Beach and the lake.  Its a great place to record.

Chipster-  Awsome looking Axe! 8)

Chris
Lots of Gear. :)

chipstar

Hey Guys,
Thanks for the kind words. It's almost completely dialed in at this point. VT, your Tradition looks smoking. Very nice.

later,
Chipstar

GeePeeAxe

Just finished this guitar, bought used for a few euros.
Installed a Sound Garage kit from my other cheapo axe.
Now I have a very Straty, light guitar. I have done this
because of the absolutely amazig single-coils and the
bridge made by Ibanez - they give me the sound that
every Strato-guitar of mine failed until now.

The hole in the front was modified by me for the 13-pin
plug. Have you ever seen something like that?

It is very comfortable to play, and the cable is
on a secure place.

The midi-conversion works flawlessly too!

A2theT

very nice.  the bridge pickup would look sweet if it was black.
HEAVY on the METAL
Axe-Fx II, Roland VG-99 + FC-300, Roland GR-55, Digitech Jamman Stereo, Ibanez/ESP/Jackson Guitars

vanceg

And here is a photo of the graphite neck, snapped in two, 25 minutes before my gig this last Saturday. You would think I wouldn't be able to play with a guitar with a broken neck - but I decided I was going to do this solo guitar show come hell or high water. I set the guitar on the floor, braced the neck with a couple of water bottles, put two ebows on the strings and proceeded to play "prepared guitar" for 40 minutes. Audience seemed to love it - I think mainly because they were so impressed that I would go onstage with a completely broken instrument.

Lemons - you are now lemonade.

Vance

Quote from: vanceg on April 12, 2008, 09:40:25 PM
So, this is a low quality photo, but I've been meaning to post SOMETHING to this thread for a long time.

This is my custom-body, psudo-ergonomic (modeled generally off the Klein guitar), graphite neck (Moses graphite), 6 ouptut guitar.  The humbuckers you see there are 1980's Bartolini Hex pickups. The guitar has a set of three stereo ouptuts (1 out for each string) The 6 small toggle switches are pickup selectors for each string so you can choose (for example) the neck pickup for one string and the bridge pickup for another.  As odd as that may sound, it is a VERY VERY powerful feature - Akin to the VG-99's ability to tilt pickups at extreme angles.  The V-Bass, it just so happens, allows you to select the pickup location on a per-string basis, and that is really nice...a feature I wish the VG-99 had. Again, it doesn't sound that powerful until you start to use it - you can select the pickups based on the chord voicings you are going to use and you get chords that ring out sooooo very beautifully. Anyway - using a bizarre 12 pole 6 throw rotary switch (from an airospace company, no less) this guitar can be setup to have individual outputs for each string, Stereo with a L/R/L/R/L/R split, stereo with L/L/L/R/R/R split, or mono out.  However, I don't really use the magnetic pickups any more now that the VG-99 is here.  These were for the time when I was trying to program a VG-99 in the laptop and use my own contraption instead of using a VG-88 (the then-current model).
Then the VG-99 came along ;-)
The body is designed to fit me well while I sit. Balance is excellent standing, too. 
The bass version (which I can put a picture of up soon) has Piezo pickups in the neck to pickup noises from the fretboard and bowing that I do.

more soon!

Vance

Elantric

All these guitars at the link below are GK Compatible

http://www.proix.com/gui_syn.html

Bapman

Double neck electric guitar, featuring one fretted and one fretless neck, as well as 13 drone strings.

Each neck features a Fernandez sustainer circuit, a Roland GK-2 hexaphonic pickup, one Seymour Duncan Little '59 and one Lundgren custom pickup, and a Schaller locking nut.

The sympathetic strings have a custom bridge and a pickup made by LPGSW.

The fretted neck also has a Steinberger tremolo, while the fretless has an ABM bridge.

This instrument has a mahogany body with a myrtle top, and birdseye maple necks with ebony fingerboards. The state-of-the-art hardware and extremely complex electronics layout offer a whole new world of sonic possibilities
made by http://www.Nevbornguitars.com

telengard

Here's mine.  HSS FR Strat w/ some modifications (new pickguard, pickups, routing for pitching up the FR, Chromacaster switch on first tone knob) and a GK-3 kit installed.  I originally had all the stock GK-3 kit parts installed but opted for the mini toggle switch and a single volume knob.  I use a "blend pot" and 2 resistors (forget the values) in parallel on one of the pots for the 50k audio taper.  Bonus picture is my cat investigating the VG-99.   :)

~telengard
Still stuck in the 1980s.  My mame cabinet, mini home studio, and 8 bit game room:
www.briansturk.com

RoC1909

Here is a image of my PRS Standard with my GK-3 PERMANENTLY mounted.

chipstar

Loco RoC, loco. I've got a PRS Standard 24 and I just can bring myself to put a GK pickup on it. I've got to much retention of the anus apparently.

later,
Chipstar

RoC1909

Quote from: chipstar on May 22, 2008, 06:24:53 PM
Loco RoC, loco. I've got a PRS Standard 24 and I just can bring myself to put a GK pickup on it. I've got to much retention of the anus apparently.

later,
Chipstar

;D

Ya. I bit the bullet. True, it is a PRS but it is ONLY the Standard and being my first guitar I said "What the hell. You only live once and living on the edge is the best way!!".

RoC

Elantric

What to do with an Orphaned  Variax - after its guts were removed for other purposes?

Convert it into a GK Guitar!

RushFan

Jackson Dinky with a GK3 installed by the music store where I originally bought the guitar a few years ago.
Only 'bad' thing is that the mounted controls are awefuly close to the tuners on the Floyd Rose, but I can flip the pickup switch on the GK3 to get to them more easily.

There are some really nice guitars shown here!!

fredo

Brent Flash

Just got around to taking pictures for another thread. I thought I would post them here too.
This is my Steinberger GM-4T with Roland GK-3 pickup and sustainer.

Brent Flash

This is my Steinberger GM-2 Newburgh with Roland GK-3 pickup.

Kostas Greece

My fender strat lone star USA (HSS+floyd rose) with gk-3
Fender American Lone Star Strat (HSS+floyd rose), Roland VG-99, FC-300, Roland GR-20

hupur

here is my switch ultima eq with a gk3 on it. the guitar has 2 outputs one for the hums and one for the piezo,with seperate volume and tones for each and a blend switch.With the gk added it now has 3 outputs.way cool!
G&L Legacy special,Switch Ultima EQ with gk3,Switch Innovo IV signature,Switch Innovo III Custom,Switch Wild IV signature ,Switch Stein IV signature,Switch Oscar ,Fender Blues Deville,Roland GP8,VG99,GR33,V-amp2,Virtualizer 1024,sc50,yorkville elite 500p'vox ad100vth,behringer bg412

vanceg

Here is my BRAND new GK equipped instrument:
- Custom Moses Graphite Baritone neck
- Headless Research XS-Trem (these people re-make and redesign Steinberger type bridges for better operation. this is an amazingly smooth tremolo!)
- Ergonomic body ideal for playing sitting down or standing.
- Internal GK-3 pickup with buttons placed for easy and quick access
- Sustainiac sustain system
- Alumitone pickups
- 6 way rotary pickup selection switch which allows for "Strat +all" pickup selection
- Burled/quilted maple top

I couldn't be happier. Except that financial commitments may force me to sell it (and several other instruments) right away :-(

ChrisD34

Here is my Carvin SH-575.  I also have a Gibson Nighthawk with a GK-2a on it, but I don't have picture of it (maybe I can take a picture tonigth and post it).

The Carvin tracks much better than the Gk-2a equipped Gibson and my Godin LGX-SA (which I do not own anymore).

kneagle

Quote from: ChrisD34 on November 06, 2008, 02:38:51 PM
Here is my Carvin SH-575.  I also have a Gibson Nighthawk with a GK-2a on it, but I don't have picture of it (maybe I can take a picture tonigth and post it).

The Carvin tracks much better than the Gk-2a equipped Gibson and my Godin LGX-SA (which I do not own anymore).

Nice axe!!